Perfectly Imperfect :o8: Just So You Know

I was walking down the hallway when I heard someone in the music room, playing the piano and singing.

I opened the door quietly and I noticed that it was Westley. I stood by the doorway as he continued the song. His back was faced towards me so he didn't notice I was there...yet.

...Falling a thousand feet per second

you still take me by surprise

I just know we can't be over

I can see it in your eyes

Making every kind of silence, takes a lot to realize

It's worse to finish than to start all over and never let it lie

And as long as I can feel you holding on

I won't fall, even if you said I was wrong

I'm not perfect but I keep trying cause that's what I said I would do from the start.

I'm not alive if I'm lonely, so please don't leave

Was it something I said or just my personality...

I let Westley finish up the song and then, I walked up to him and took a seat on the piano bench.

"That was amazing." I said, kissing his cheek.

"How long have you been there?" he asked.

"Long enough to know that you're a great musician." I said, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hmm, badboys and pianos...Don't really mix." he said, "It ruins my image."

"Ah, your image." I said.

"Don't worry." he said, "I don't give in to labels."

"Then, why do you refer to yourself as a badboy?" I asked.

"Because, it's just the way I am." he said, "Growing up, people always saw me as a bad influence. Instead of running away from it, I embraced it."

"You had it really rough, didn't you?" I asked.

"Ariana, I'll be honest with you. I'm one of those guys who 'has a past.' There are things in my life, that I probably shouldn't have done. I've done things that I'm not proud of but, I don't regret any of it because, if that stuff didn't happen I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't have been sent to my uncle's house. I would've never moved to this city, and I probably would have never met you..." he explains.

"Do you really mean that?" I asked.

"Yes, believe it or not, I do mean it. All of it." he said, "Listen, Ari. I have something to tell you and you might think I'm rushing things but---"

"Just say it." I said, cutting him off. I urged him to continue. I knew what he was going to say and I wanted him to say it. He moved his face closer to mine and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I could feel his lips slightly brushing against mine as he talked.

"Ariana, I lov---"

Suddenly, the music class started walking in and Westley and I stood up. I was disappointed.

"Come on, we should get going." he said.

We parted in the hallway and the thought of what he was about to say, just kept running through my mind.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After school, I went to get smoothies with my friends. When I got home, Westley was there, talking to my dad. Time to put up the act.

"Ew, what is he doing here?" I asked.

"Ariana?" my dad said, surprised.

"Don't worry, sir." Westley said, "She just hates my guts now."

"Is that so?" dad said, "Well, that's probably for the better."

"Westley gave me a fake glare and I scowled at him. My dad was sort of confused but he seemed happy about the situation. Well, I guess our plan was working so far...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Later that night when my parents were fast asleep, I was still awake. Westley said that he was going to drop by. I was randomly doodling pictures when I heard a tap on the balcony doors.

I opened them but he didn't come in.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Are you ready for your first jailbreak?" he asked, smirking.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm talking about you sneaking out, so we can hop on my motorcycle and get out of here for a couple of hours." he said.

"Are you crazy?" I said, "If my parents---"

"Ariana, would you stop worrying about them?" he said, "Honestly, I can't limit myself to only seeing you at school and having to stay quiet in your bedroom. I want to be able to talk to you without having to whisper and getting interrupted. So please, come with me."

"I...I just don't know. I'm not sure." I said.

"Ariana..." he said, holding out his hand, "Please..."

"Okay, I'll go." I said, taking his hand.

He helped me climb down the side of the house and we got on his motorcycle.

We better not get caught.