Chapter 17 - Adore U (아낀다)

[Jae's POV]

"Jae~ C'mon, it's almost time for practice!" Justin shook me again, in hopes of making me get my lazy ass out of bed.

I groaned "Let me sleeeeep."

Justin sighed. "Wake up we're learning a new choreography today and Zealous is performing soon, don't you want to see David and company dance?"

I shook my head.

"Aw man, David would be disappointed that you chose sleep over dance."

"Sleep is life, especially if you're a nursing student." I pointed out, before sitting up. "Get out, I'm going to change."

Justin chuckled, "Knew talking some more would get you out." With that, he left the room.

I put on Seventeen's Adore U on the speakers and I dressed in my leggings and oversized basketball jersey belonging to Jaye before tying my hair into a ponytail. Putting on my contacts and dance shoes.

I opened the door to see Justin in a black shirt and black Adidas sweatpants, holding my black and white dance bag and his MCM backpack.

"Leggo~" Justin said, I tried to take my bag, but to no avail, as we walked to the dance studio.

Before walking in, I put on Justin's snapback and took my bag, walking in to Juliette and Henry, laughing at David who was overreacting to a video.

Juliette looked up as she mumbled a Hey, while Henry just smiled. David looked at me for a while before giving a smile and looking back down.

"JAE EVANS YOU STOLE MY CAP." Justin said, coming towards me and took his snapback away and wore it. "Gosh."

I looked at Justin before re-tying my hair.

"Don't give me that look if you don't want to do cardio." Justin warned.

Juliette raised an eyebrow.

"Father's Friend's son." I said.

David chuckled at how close Justin and I were. He wordlessly came over and retied my hair because I missed a strand of hair. I felt my cheeks heat up and my hair stand on its ends.

"Done." he said, having my hair into a ponytail "Gorgeous."

Juliette smirked, she knew how weak I am to compliments.

"Um, Thanks." I mumbled, my hand gliding through my ponytail again, a habit I did when I was nervous.

After Justin did warm ups, he taught us Seventeen's Adore U, hinting that it was on the list on upcoming performances.

"I'm going to pick 13 of you to dance to this song." He said, "This will give you a lot of fame in campus, so if you want to be famous, you gotta do well in this round, do you hear?"

"Okay~" All of us chorused, along with a little grumbles from the sides.

Juliette, Henry, David, Sarah, Yuki, Sabrina, and I shared a knowing glance. Out of the 13 spots, 7 spots are already taken. By Zealous, Sarah and Me.

The song chorused played and the 7 of us danced in sync, in tune with the energy Justin wanted. At the end of the song, Justin asked the 7 of us to stay put and dance again, showing the rest of the club what he expected.

After choosing the 13 dancers, I felt a dark negative aura coming from the side, only to see Christine, Jolie and Linda, the 3 girls who are constantly jealous of the 7 of us, glaring at us.

"They're just sulking because they didn't get chosen. I mean, Justin wasn't really happy with them." Yuki pointed out.

"And I heard Jolie has the hots for Justin." Sabrina smirked.