Chapter 30 ; FIN.

[Third Person's POV]

As the festival approaches, Jae and David spent almost every day in the studio.

"What do you mean you can't make it? David, the festival is a week away, Jae's vocals and dance is about done and you're bailing out on us?" Justin exclaimed into the phone. "You can't do this!"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have forced both of you into this. I really wanted to make it up to Jae, but I do find myself incompetent after all these years." David said.

Jae looked up; and signalled for the phone to be handed over.

"Look, David. If you want to make it up to me, finish what you have started. I've already asked permission for the inclusion of our friends, so let us end this on a good note, shall we?" Jae started, "I know I haven't been around when all of you entered the competition that year, let us relive it and treat this festival as if it is an opportunity for us to restart. Come back, competent or not, a part missing makes the whole dance look weird. The others are coming in 30 minutes, you have that amount of time to re-think your decision, along with your real intentions of making me participate in this festival with you."

And with that, Jae hanged up, passing the phone back to Justin.

"I have 30 minutes to warm up before the rest gets here, let's start." Jae said. Justin nodded and put the music on as she started warming up.

Within the next half hour, every single one of the dance group Jae was in started streaming in, Andy, Xenia, Juliette, Chanel, Henry, Yuki, Mandy, Sabrina, Joey, and Diana.

"Jae, we thought you forgot about us!" Chanel said, as they started to warm up as well.

"I kind of did, but it is a long story, I'm so glad the organizer allowed all of you here to participate in the festival, it is my final year here, and she knows how much it meant to me to perform one last time before I become a full-fledged nurse." Jae said, smiling.

"Not all of us are here, though." Henry reminded.

"I'm giving him a final chance, if he really wants to make it up to me, he'd come." Jae explained, "He dragged me into this. I originally had no intention of dancing in front of an audience, but since I'm going to, might as well bring you guys with me."

"You've grown so much, Jae. I'm really happy for you, even though David and you might not be a thing now, you look so much happier." Juliette said, "And we also have to thank Justin, for contacting us, and taking Sarah's place since she is no longer contactable."

Jae nodded, "He'd be going over to Australia with me as well, so spend as much time with him as possible over here."

"Of course!" All of them chorused.

All of them carried on warming up before choosing the song.

"Shall we... carry on the K-POP style?" Henry suggested, "Seventeen's Thanks is pretty good."

Mandy nodded, "Yes, it's like, you're thanking the person even though you might have been inadequate and clumsy."

"Since there is... 12 of us, I can take 2 roles." Jae said, glancing at the door.

"No matter how much you hope, if he's not coming, he's not coming." Diana said, sighing.

"He is really some last-minute piece of irritating specimen." Jae said under her breath, "If he really wanted to make it up to me he'd better appear if not I'd probably embarrass him on stage on the day of the festival."