-Five--Identity-

(West of Kingdom, Tower)
Iroha tried to defend himself from his own men while Piko jumped up to the top of the tower. The girl, alarmed, stood up and prepared to run. Sunlight penetrated through the little window at the top of the tower and shone on the girl's face, making it visible.
Piko and the girl's eyes met. Wait...

Piko: Miki...?

Miki: Piko?

Both of them appear shocked.

Piko: You still looked the same, with that strand of hair sticking out, huh.

Miki: You too.

Miki avoided eye contact with Piko as she performed her magic.

Miki: My soldiers!

Half of the people fighting Iroha switched their attaching target immediately to Piko.

.
.
.
Piko defended himself with his sword, but backed off from attacking Miki.

Piko: Miki...don't!

Miki started to perform magic as she sent the controlled men towards Piko. Piko dodges all their attacks, at the same time running towards her. Miki hesitated thinking that Piko would be attacking her, but it turned out that Piko just grabbed her hand and stopped her from using her magic.

Miki, already weak as soon as she saw Piko, crashed onto the floor and broke down. All her magic ceased as Iroha and Piko's men returned back to normal.

Miki: I don't want anyone to be killed because of me anymore...Please...

Miki stood up, but got held down by Piko.

Piko: Then change it! What's the point of attacking people you've never had the intention of harming!

Miki flinched at Piko's words.

Miki: I guess you're right... What have I been doing for all these years, protecting a palace I hate...

Iroha suddenly shouted from below.

Iroha: If that is so, then join us!

Iroha had been overhearing their conversation since the start.

Miki: Yeah, you're right! I want to fight alongside you, Piko!

Miki said holding Piko's hands, eyes in determination.

"As if I would let you."

An arrow came flying towards Piko through the tower's little window.

Twin ponytails. Clear blue eyes. It's Miku.

Miki: (Piko!)

Miki pushed Piko down and shielded him from the arrow. The long, sharp arrow pierce through Miki's body, her blood gushing out from behind.

The unexpected assault of Miku thrown Piko and Iroha into silence. Piko clenched his fists he watched Miki thud on the ground.

She smiled in relief that Piko was not hurt and lost consciousness, her eyes still in tears. They've just reunited, and...

Piko: You, come down.

There was a cutting acidity in his voice. Miku looked at Piko in underestimation.

Miku: My, my, why should I, the princess of this kingdom, listen to you, a commoner? The arrow was supposed to be aimed at you but it seemed like that dumb girl saved you on time, huh? Well, it doesn't matter anyway. She isn't that important and I'm gonna kill you anyway.

Piko: She isn't important...you say...

He could no longer suppress his anger.

Miku: Oh, so you're gonna take revenge on me now? Let's see if you can!