Chapter 2

Thankfully, Cheyenne didn't have to see him often as she cleaned the ground floor and he always spent time on the third. Cheyenne's colleague, Shan cleaned the third floor. Shan was easier to make conversation with as she was slightly more mature and wouldn't be overly flirty or touchy with anybody who lives there yet she always got the attention that Cheyenne longed.

Everyone in the house was difficult in their own ways, but Shan handled every hurdle that she had to jump over with great ease. She could handle the demands of teenagers, the crying of children and was committed to her job so much to the point of not wanting a conversation with Cheyenne, or any of the other maids as she would feel so guilty for getting sidetracked. Shan was by far the most hardworking and everyone envied her, but the only reason for this was because she was praised for everything she would do which meant she continued to take pride in her job.

Apart from him, of course.

Just like Cheyenne, Shan treasured every moment she had with him and every chance she had to see him. These sightings were enough to create some impeccable dreams, but not enough to bring her out of this front she had built up upon herself. He was a dream, unreal, but never took notice of her.

As if to break her out of her daydreams, Shan walked down the long corridor and into the kitchen until she reached Cheyenne. "You okay, Cheyenne? Ready for another day?"
"I was born ready" Cheyenne chirped, pleased to have some company to set the cutlery. As both girls worked, Shan spoke about her niece who had recently turned two years old. Cheyenne tried her best to pay attention but her mind kept wandering. He crossed her mind, but she was mostly focused on her future, she was feeling almost desperate to leave this house and never turn back again.

Once breakfast was over it was time to begin cleaning once more, Shan climbed up to the third floor while Cheyenne stayed behind downstairs. The older relatives needed help up the stairs so Cheyenne helped them with their every need. A large group of friends arrived at the house and Cheyenne was overwhelmed with how many people she now had to introduce herself to. It was now time for Cheyenne to show everyone around the house. This was an automatic 15 minutes for Cheyenne whenever guests were visiting. She never paid enough attention to the job though, she would spend every second of the 15 minutes scanning the group of guests to try to get an idea what sort of personalities came with each face just so she could be prepared for any questions asked.

She gave a subtle glare at the two children at the front who were already looking silent. There was a teenage girl who would not take her eyes off her phone screen, most likely texting her boyfriend.

A noise from behind her caused her to turn around. Her eyes froze. She was trapped in a hazel brown gaze that she knew all too well from her fantasies.

It was him.

She continued to show a tour of the house while he trailed at the back of the group, now making sure she didn't miss out a single word even though her heart kept skipping a beat.

Why won't he go back to his room? How am I supposed to play this off without making it blatantly obvious that he's more or less the man of my fucking dreams?!

She locked herself inside the bathroom, staring at her flushed reflection while trying to calm herself down. She knew soon it would be time for lunch and she would have to face him once more when pouring drinks, but she needed to whisper a few words to herself before walking out and losing her professionalism. In all of her years of working as a maid, she had never met anyone as luscious as him. She'd dealt with cranky elderly women, teenagers coming home each night who soon pass out from being too drunk and cleaning the contents of what they throw up, screaming toddlers, and things that won't flush but never before had she felt like this.