Chloe- Chapter One

I remember the day I met him. His jeans were soaked just like my hair. It was warm and sunny. So warm the air was almost sweet. We collided on the road. He spun around, his chestnut hair a whirlwind of rain drops. His hand stayed on my arm as he apologised. Over and over. I remember that day. The Day we met in the rain... 

I was on my way home, my boots splashing through the puddles as liquid-lace fell slowly of the Liquid Ambers. I hadn't noticed him. If I had, it probably would not have happened. My life would be very, very different. 

The sun shone through my curtains as Poppy scrambled onto my bed. Poppy- the beautiful border terrier. Ethan was downstairs cooking his buttermilk pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. I checked my phone. Two missed calls from mum and a text from Ivy, my best friend, telling me about a 'rad new pizza place'. 

I threw on my vintage denim jacket and purple skinny jeans and ran down to my brother's mouth- watering breakfast creations. 

"Eh, hey! Not so fast!" Ethan yelled out.

"What? You really thought I'd leave without your edible heaven?" I responded, eyes wide, shaking my head. I laughed.

"And saying goodbye?"

"Why on Earth would I do that ?" I smiled.

"I don't know, sister dear..."

My relationship with my brother had always been really strong. We were more like best friends than siblings. We were always there for each other. Through thick and thin. After some family problems I was willingly 'forced' to live with him. We bought Poppy together as a house companion. 

After hugging Ethan goodbye, I met Ivy and Avery out the front of my house. We then proceeded along the country-road to school. 

I first saw Ivy out the front of a rock concert when we were in year 7. She had her brown hair teased up and was wearing a leather jacket and green tutu with black platform wedges and purple fingerless net-gloves. She was leaning against the brick wall yelling at someone down the phone. She looked really intimidating but also really cool. I had never seen her around school before. Turns out she was new. We had a few classes together but didn't become friends until the next year. The year she got her nose pierced, dyed her hair partly blue and told me she was gay. She's a wild one!

I held out all morning at school until lunch. We talked about the new pizza place - Ace Roscoe. My next classes were pretty dull but at the end of the day I was blessed with Drama class with the absolutely fantastical nut of a teacher- Madame Malakovna. We were doing an urban/grunge take on Alice in Wonderland. Of course, Ivy was cast as Alice. 

Avery and I walked home.

I was exhausted as I walked through the door. Ethan was cooking dinner for us and it smelled amazing. 

"What'cha cookin'?" I said as I swung up onto a bar stool. 

"Food..."

"Oh no shit Sherlock!"

He rolled his eyes... "How was school?"

"Highly uneducational. If that's a word."

"Well at least you didn't say boring." He threw Poppy some chicken.

"Oh yeah, that too."
He sighed. 

"Well the curry is ready so.. let's eat!" He clapped his hands 'chef-like.'

At the table we talked a bit. I, about my day and he about his. I told him about our progress with the drama production and how I had been appointed one of the costume designers and that I hadn't actually been cast yet but that 'The Red Queen' would be pretty cool. After some ice cream I went upstairs to bed. Poppy was on my cushions when I was ready so I pushed her down and we fell asleep together.