▼Chapter 2▼

It's been a hell of a long time since I updated! You may need to re-read but Please don't be upset loves, I hope it's worth the wait ; )

Kyle Montgomery

When the 7th period bell rang I sighed of relief. All I wanted was for this day to end. It was Friday and finally the end of this drawn out week.

"You Straight?" Quinton asked me. No, I'm not. I'm not even sure I look okay or straight or alive.

"Yeah fine. You?" I gave a half smile.

"Ditto." Quinton said picking up my bag and handing it to me. "You going to the party tonight?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Nah, I have that thing with my dad, remember?" He placed his hand on my lower back and walked me to my locker.  People looked and stared, some in awe, some in disgust, which was normal. 

"Oh yeah. Well I'll see you later." I said when we got to my locker.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked again. I looked Quinton in his eyes and I actually saw concern, which wasn't the first time this week. And it's almost like he could see right through me. 

"Mhm. I'll talk to you later." I averted my eyes and kissed him on his cheek. He stood there for another moment and then shrugged and walked away.

This week has been a challenge for me. Every day it became harder and harder to pretend, like I normally do. Half the time I couldn't even give and effort to smile, and surprisingly no one's caught on but Quinton. Which is ticking me off more and more, the last person I would expect to notice would be him.

The last place I wanted to be was home.

Everyday this week all my parents did was argue, and it came to the point where my father didn't want to come home at night, and I couldn't blame him. Slowly but surely I began to see my real mother. It was almost like I was like her all along, because everything with her used to be normal, but now I'm getting little opportunities to hear the rude things she says to my father, or hear her raise her voice at Karson.

It was almost like my mother was a reflection of me, and we were both slowly unraveling. And that was a scary ass thing to think of, because I've been lying and pretending for so long that being myself seems foreign.

I grabbed my Stat text book out of my locker, and closed it back. As I walked down the halls, a lot of people were still here, and I frowned when I looked outside. It was pouring raining and I hadn't put up the top of my BMW. I could just picture water everywhere, and I almost felt like crying. There was no way I was going to walk outside in that rain, there was absolutely no chance I was gettin my hair wet.

"Hey Ky, if you want I can run out and close the top of your car?" I had seen Quinton walk up to me but I was still so caught up with the fact that my car was completely ruined. I turned to him and was kind of surprised.

"Um, yeah. Thanks." I dug in my large Christian Dior bag and handed him my car keys.

He walked back through the crowd, and I couldn't even see him finally step outside, because it was raining so hard. Mostly girls were waiting, mostly scared to get there hair/ weave wet. I went to an all African American Prep school and  I swear there were too many damn black people, and it was started to get hot as hell.

I saw Karson and some friends talking to the right of me, being weirdos. But Karson wasn't going home, he was going over to one of his friends houses tonight. Lucky bitch.

I folded my arms and kept to myself as people talked and the crowd of people slowly started to shrink.

"Hey Kyle!" I turned and saw Riley and Marina, and gave a small smile.