My Darkest Fantasy Ch. 22

Ashley's P.O.V.

I decided to go with so I say, "What were you planning on doing?" Drake smiles and says, "I wanted to go see a movie called dead nightmares. You want to see it?" I saw the preview for it and it looked like a good horror movie so I say, "Yeah, I saw the preview and it looked good." The only reason I wanted to go was to see the movie but I also didn't want to go because I feel like I'm betraying Luke. I love him and I feel like because I'm hanging out with Drake, that I'm cheating on Luke. I know that Luke probably doesn't love me but again I'm sure he does.

After work, we walked out into the parking lot and Drake says, "Do you think you could ride with me in my car?" I didn't really want to but I decided to tag along so I say, "Sure." I followed Drake to his car and we got in and he drove off. We arrived at the theater so Drake parked the car and we went inside. I told Drake that I was going to pay for my half but then he says, "I won't allow it. I asked you to come along for a reason; I want to get to know you." I was shocked and after my shock disappeared I say, "Why do you want to get to know me?" Drake paid for the tickets and we stood in line to get snacks and pops and then Drake says, "I work with you and I feel like I have to get to know you."

I chuckle and say, "I feel the same way." We got popcorn and two pops and then we went to find a seat. We sat down and Drake says, "So why did you decide to come with me to see this? I thought you said you were seeing somebody." I look at Drake and say, "I wanted to see the movie. I am seeing someone." The movie begins so Drake and I stop talking but I knew that after the movie ends, Drake was going to ask more questions. The movie ends two hours later and then we dumped our stuff in the trash. We made our way to the entrance when Drake says, "Where is the man that has your heart?" I hold back the tears and say, "I don't feel comfortable telling you."

We walk out of theater and I see other people coming out. I look through the crowd and I swear I saw Luke with a pissed off look on his face. I gasp and blink my eyes to see if he's still there but when my eyes open, I don't see Luke anymore. I followed Drake to his car and I pull out my phone. I see that my dad and both of my brothers called and texted me, fifty times. I text my dad and let him know that I went to see a movie with a friend and that I was sorry for not telling him sooner. Drake didn't try and talk to me, which I was grateful for and then Drake parks beside my car. I look at him and say, "Thanks for taking me to see the movie."

I began to get out of the car when Drake says, "No problem, maybe we can do it again." I doubt us hanging out again would happen, because I never really even wanted to hang out but I say, "We might be able to." I see a smile form on Drake's face so I quickly say, "And this also might be the last time we hang out." The smile disappears on Drake's face so I say, "I'm kidding." I got out then, shut the door and as soon as I got into my car, Drake drives off. I lock my doors and start up the car and just when I was about to drive off, my phone goes off. I pull out my phone and see that my dad is calling.

I answer it and he says, "Where the hell are you?" I tell him that I'm coming back now and he says, "You better be back home in six minutes or it will be long time before I allow you to hang out with anyone." Dad hangs up then so I drive off and I arrived home in five minutes. I parked the car and ran to the door and then I opened it to face and he says, "You made it. Where were you and who were you with?" I knew dad would ask that so I say, "I was at the movie theater with a friend from work." Dad shakes his head and says, "You should've told me."

I knew I should've but I was kind of hoping that Luke would get me back. I look at dad and say, "Your right I should've told you, I'm sorry." I see Max and Alex running down the stairs. They come towards me and they both hug me tightly. I hug them back and dad says, "Max and Alex, I think your sister would like to go to bed." I smile and then I head upstairs and into my room. I got into my pajamas and then I went to bed. I woke up the next day and got showered then I got ready for the day. I went downstairs to see my dad cooking breakfast and my two brothers sitting at the table. I say morning to my family and then I sit in between my brothers. Dad got done making breakfast and after he handed the plates to us, we began to eat.

After I finished eating, I placed my plate in the sink and then I hugged my brothers and my dad. I left the house and into my car and then I drove off heading to work. I arrived at the mall and after I parked the car, I got out and made my way to the entrance. I went to the store and saw Jeremy talking to Drake. I walked in and then Jeremy looks at me and he says, "Ash you're here, clock in and then come back so I can talk to you." I nod my head and then I made my way to clock in, after I did that I went back to the front and Jeremy says, "Listen Ash, I know I told you that you wouldn't have to unload shipments but Josh is sick and won't be able to come in." I nod and Jeremy continues with, "The shipment comes tomorrow, Drake is willing to help."