SOMEONE WHO BLOODY READS

"What did he call us?" Dion said through groans. 

"Children of Chaos, I think. I mean, I already knew we're weird kids, but do you gotta point that out?" I gestured towards the fisherman looking dude.

A man in a wheel chair slowly rolled in, coughing and wheezing. A man who looked as if he was still very young, with youthful eyes and still curly hair was by his side. The man in the wheel chair looked like he was 1,000 years old, a blanket covering his legs besides the heat. Heat. It was still winter and snowing in Boston. Where were we?

"You're in California," the fisherman interrupted his thoughts, "New Rome."

Paradise squealed. "I love California! The waves here are awe-"

"Paradise, not the time," I shushed her. If we were in an actual war, I wanted to know how we caused it.

"How did we get here? Who brought us here? Do you know any goth adults walking three headed dogs by any chance? What's about this 'gods cutting off from humans' stuff?" I bombarded them with questions, expecting immediate answers.

"Quiet, child. We can't explain everything, but I promise, we will," The lady with blonde hair said. Most of the adults eventually walked off to the various cafes and stores I never noticed were there. 

The old man started wheezing even worse. "These are tough times. The gods haven't had a child in..." his tired eyes trailed toward me, "30, or 40 years, I would think. And kids of the Big Three? The war is starting. Just as the prophecy said it would."

"Oh, I'm sorry," The woman turned to look at us. "We haven't been introduced. I'm Mrs. Jackson, but you can call me Annabeth."

"Percy," Fisherman said.

"Percy, you're gonna have to let kids call you Mr. Jackson sometime," Annabeth scolded. They looked like they'd been friends way before they got married. 

"I'm Leo Valdez," The youngish oldish man said. 

"Well, I'm Lucas, this is Paradise, and that's Dion," I gestured towards my friends, "We're from Boston."

"Nico must be exhausted after shadow traveling all the way here," Mr. Jackson muttered. 

Nico. That's his name. He sounded so familiar. Where did I know him from?

Annabeth smiled at that. She started explaining who the 'Big Three' were. They said when they were a little older than us, that they met so many demigods and seen the gods so many times they could tell who someone was the child of by looking at them. 

She looked at me. "Judging by your blonde hair, I thought you might be a son of Apollo. But you're eyes are too dark, and deep. Just like Nico's... and Bianca's...

"And, if the prophecy was correct, three children of the Big Three, would... start the war between humans and gods. Demigods... and their parents."

"The Big Three, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus are brothers so you guys are-"

"Cousins." Dion finished. He and Paradise awkwardly stared at each other. 

I doubled over in laughter. "I guess being a third wheel does have it's perks!"

Mr. Valdez put his hand out for a high five, then chuckled, "Try being a seventh wheel."

"The cousin barrier is a little awkward for demigods dating but you'll get over it eventually." Annabeth beamed at Percy, but I still thought it was awkward. 

A girl with long black hair and stormy gray eyes ran up to Mr. and Mrs. Jackson. She seemed to be about 15 or 16.

She stared at me before speaking. I glared at her. Little girls should know not to stare.

"Mom, I finished the book I bought, can you get me a new one?" Finally, someone my age who likes to bloody read.

"Angel, you have your own money, by your own book," Annabeth reprimanded.

"What book are you getting?" I blurted out. If someone I knew liked reading, I had to ask them what books they liked.

She tilted her head. "Well, it's kind of a dystopian type of series. It's from a while back."

I chuckled. "It's kind of hard to read dystopian type books when your whole life is one."

She didn't chuckle back. "I hope that was a joke." Then she ran off. 

"Don't think Angel is rude, she's just a little shy," Percy patted me on the back. "Well, time for war planning and prophecy reading, kids. Ahh, just like when I was your age."

                                                                             ♔                   ♔                   ♔

A/N Sorry for short chapter. Okay I was so uncomfortable writing mr valdez and mrs annabeth and mr jackson wow. But still percabeth's daughter is angel after bianca di angelo  oh my gods and I think lucas should be casts as thomas sangster since he's british and I love him. You may now read it in his voice. Also the old man is Chiron he's getting older bc of stuff with the gods and the mist and 😭enjoy my filth