1

"Aurora! Where are my shoes!" I shouted into the house knowing she had them on a couple days ago. I was due in court in less than 40 minutes and I still had a 30 minute bus ride.

"I left them under the kitchen table!" I heard her mumbled shout and ran in there before seeing them and whispering a thank you as I got on my knees and pulled them out before slipping them on.

I made sure my black button up was buttoned properly before going to put on my tan blazer before looking at the picture of my parents. I kissed my fingers and placed it on the corner before opening the front door. "Bye!" I looked over my shoulder to my youngest sister and smiled.

"Bye Ivory." I waved before walking out and letting the door close by itself.

I was the oldest at 25. Born the day before Valentines day, and apparently due to some stupid ritual I am supposed to be the witch of love.

Aurora was 23 was born on August 30th, and she was supposedly the witch of life.

And then little Ivory who just turned 21 on Christmas was supposed to be the witch of wisdom . I don't get how it works.

We each got pendants from a proper witch to help us keep our powers hidden.

Our parents died 3 years ago on a plane coming back from seeing our grandparents that we have never met. The plane had crashed and there was basically one survivor that later on died at the hospital.

I had just started a job and was able to take care of both of them. Our parents had a Will and their money paid off the house and pat of my student loans and now that I am saving up for both of their college tuitions. Which wasn't hard now that I work for a huge firm.

I caught the bus, ran to the court house and walked in just before the judge. The man in the orange jumpsuit was talking with his counsel as I walked towards my client. "Hello George." I nodded to him and he looked up at me and smiled.

"I was getting a little worried." He said standing and pulling out my chair. George was an older man, early 50's. The man being prosecuted had blown up his house, in some weird accident, and I somehow felt like there was much more to the accident story.

"All rise for Judge Mandel." I stood back up and looked over towards the man, Mr. Jacobs as his chains rattled and he looked towards the stand.

"You may be seated." The judge called out as she sat down and I took a deep breath and blew it out and got to work on mentioning the preliminaries and what we expect before looking to the man in orange again and when our eyes locked he stiffened and I swore I heard a growl.

"I request a break of no more than 5 minutes ma'am." I heard myself say turning back to the judge before walking to my table and taking a deep breath.

"5 minutes is granted." I nodded my thanks before looking over to the inmate who was staring at me over his lawyer's shoulder and I felt the need to protect him from this. So I went with the feeling. I nodded to him and turned to talk with George.

"They will pay for your home to be rebuilt, anything you want George, all you have to do is agree to it. You don't want to put this man away from a horrible accident." I touched his shoulder and let me power of persuasion leak into him and I saw him start to change his mind.

"Okay then... you're right." He told me and I gulped and looked over to the inmate who was still staring at me, but now it was a more narrowed look.

15 minutes later I was headed back to my firm with extra skip in my step. I had convinced the judge to let the ma go, and he would be released within the next 24 hours of being brought back to the penitently where he had been held.