Part 1: Let's Play A Game, Shall We?

(Labyrinth of Despair, Alex's POV)

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, my friend Blue the Sneasel struggling to keep up, but running with just as much motivation. Although, getting mauled by a demonic Pokemon isn't exactly "motivation", as much as it was-

"Alex!" I snapped out of my thoughts just in time to miss running into a wall and getting us both killed. I turned the corner, and was able to get a quick glance in at the thing chasing us. It was a Gengar that had blood-red eyes with no pupils and was covered in what appeared to be dried blood, giving a look at us that just screamed "I'm gonna tear your throat out and bath in a fountain of your blood."

We both looked up to see a door covered in white light.

"There's the exit!" Blue shouted running slightly faster than she was a second ago, eager for the temporary freedom from this hellhole. A quick scream from right behind us indicated that the Gengar from before had caught up. I let go of Blue's hand and snapped to the side, switching into a roundhouse kick that connected with the Gengar's face and snapped his jaw, it now loosely hanging from his face, him now giving us an extremely pissed glare as he continued to chase us.

"We're almost there!" Blue shouted, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the exit.

"Watch out!" I yanked Blue with me to the side, both of us narrowly avoiding a shadow ball. The Gengar moved in front of us, standing between us and the exit.

"Blue!" I turned to my companion ans she gave me a nod and readied into a battle stance.

"Tactic 14-B!" I charged my energy into my bone club as she breathed ice onto her claws, covering them with frost.

"Go!" I yelled out as the Gengar rushed us, me distracting it by running up first and feigning a right hook, tricking the beast into dodging to the side, giving Blue the chance to strike.

"Ice Claw!" Blue yelled as she impaled the Gengar onto her sharp claws, slowly freezing it from the inside out as I recovered and ran up, my club now glowing with a redish aura.

"Focus Bone Rush!" The first hit smashed the ice, and the Gengar looked about ready to bolt, but he didn't get far as the second hit connected...and the third...and the fourth...and the fifth. Soon the creature was just a pile of blood and mistakes on the floor, probably to be forgotten in the void while we moved on. Speaking of moving on...

"Yo Blue."

"Yeah?"

"You know Ice Claw isn't a real move, right?"

Blue laughed and punched me in the arm as we headed off to the door leading back into our world.

"It is now."

(???, ??? POV)

A figure watched the Cubone and Sneasel walk through the door, thoroughly impressed by the "performance" they put on.

"Subjects 387 and 485 have completed floor 7, defeating Chak." The person said into a recording device, grinning at the pile of flesh, blood, and bones that used to be one of his main assistants.

"Subjects are ready for endgame, the final playing field will be prepared for tonight." The person said, now ending the recording and rubbing his claws together.

"You have piqued my interest, Alex...don't disappoint me." They let out an evil laugh.

"And so the endgame begins, let's see if you have what it takes." The person said, slowly sinking back into the shadows.