Chapter 2

Prodigy

A whirlwind forms around me, creating a tornado and lifting me into the air. The police officers gasp then run towards me, aiming to pull me down. I smile at their effort and wave as the wind picks up causing me to brace myself. The tornado sucks me in and I close my eyes, spreading my arms out as far as they can go.

Air Travel Rule #1: Never tuck yourself in toward your body. Embrace the motion as if it were your only chance at living. (Which it is.) Just don't do it.

The vacuum continues another 15 seconds until the suction releases some on my body.

"And here we GOOOOOO!" My head spins and I land with a thud onto the floor of my bedroom. " God- Thats definitely the worst part. Of Air Travel."

Char Minnie

"Left on Telfair, Right on West Ave..." I mumble the directions that I've memorized a zillion times.

The night my mother died I swore I'd visit her grave every Monday and be there to tell her everything going on in my life. That could take hours. The stupid bastard that killed my Ma, left his card which held his name. Prodigy. Tf kind of name is that? 'Oh yeah, I'm Prodigy and I killed Char Minnie's mother.' Fuck outta here yo. He prolly ugly too. Well, then again. It could be a code name or some shit.

"Haha, yeah a code name. Like, it's another dimension out there I'm missing." I laugh to myself and turn the corner. The vision of seeing "Prodigy" run out of my house that night haunts me to this day. I never got a good look at his face, but i know he had a small tattoo on the back of his right muscle. I think it was like a name or something. Couldn't quite see it.

I sit down on the bus stops bench and wait for the 1 o'Clock bus. It's only 7:45. I shrug to myself and pull out my phone. TWITTERR! I smile knowing that this was my hobby. I couldn't get enough of it.

Twenty minutes later, a guy walks up and sits beside me. I start to scoot over but he stops me. "It's cool. I've got enough room." I nod and go back to my phone.

Glancing back up, I catch him staring at me out of the corner of his eye. "Uhm, Can I help you?" He smiles sideways and holds out his hand. "I'm Pr- Craig. I live down the street from you I think. West Cheshire Drive right?" I nod and shake his hand. "Char Minnie Cruz. Nice to meet you. And yeah, West Ches Drive. You must've moved into the house down the street?" He pulls his hand away and smiles. "Yup. Heard it's been vacant for years. Thought I'd try and add a little color to the house." I smile. "Well, Lord knows it needed it." He chuckles and faces forward. "So why you out here all by yourself on a school day?"

Prodigy

When i asked her the question, I already knew. Every monday at 7:30 she leaves the house to visit her mothers grave. She looks down blankly at her phone in silence. "Going to see my mother." She spoke in monotone, then went back to typing. "Oh," Was my only response. A pang of guilt hit my in my side and I closed my eyes slowly to get rid of the pain. I do regret killing her mother.

There was this awkward silence in the air that i couldnt bare much longer. "I haven't seen my mother in years. She died a while ago. I miss her a lot though." It was true. "She died in a plane crash along with my father, little sister, and younger brother. I've been an orphan ever since." I look down at my hands, which were beginning to shake. She reaches over and places her hands on top of mine.

Oh my gawd. She touched me! Calm Prod. Keep it calm.

I look up and Char gives me a sympathetic smile. "I'm so sorry you lost your family like that. If you need help with anything, I'm here. A phone call away. Here." She takes out a small writing pad and a pen, then writes down her number. "Call me if you need ANYTHING, okay? Don't hesitate." Char looks me in the eye, and I nod slowly. "Okay." She pulls away, the smell of her perfume lingering in the air.

Another awkward silence. "What time does the bus come? I was kind of hoping I wouldnt have to wait too long." She smiles a little. "One." I wrinkle my face. "One?! You're gonna wait out here that long?! What if it starts raining?!" She gives me a whatever look. "It will NOT r-"

I snap my fingers behind my back and it begins to pour. "OH MY GAWD! I CHECKED THE NEWS!" Char shields her head from the rapidly pouring drops. I grin to myself. "Here." I give her my hoodie and cover her head. "I can drive you wherever. We'd just have to go get my car." "Please." She gets up and I follow her.

The walk back to my house was pretty silent. No one wanted to talk much i guess. I couldnt find the right thing to say. Before we round the corner, I snap my fingers and the rain stops. Char looks up and frowns. "What the fuck? Bipolar ass weather.!" I laugh and we continue until we reach my "house".