Chapter 2

Luke's POV
"God dammit, Shut the fûck up!"
I heard a voice yell from downstairs, jolting me awake. I was used to this, mom and dad fighting all the time. At times it could get quite ugly, to the point where someone is thrown across the room. I've always hated when they fight, because you never want that for your parents. But, it happens. I start getting ready, I throw on some jeans and a sweater and don't think twice, I've learned that on mornings like these it's safer to just get out of the house as soon as you can. So that's what I do, I run down the stairs, open the door and rush out. Once I'm outside I slow my pace and start walking to my family's coffee shop. I quite like working there, no one really bothers me and I get to relax. When I pull out my phone, the time reads 8:30, so I fasten my pace to get to work on time. Once I open the doors to the shop, the aroma of coffee and cakes enter my nose. So I go and sit down behind the counter and wait for customers to start coming in.
I'd been sitting behind the counter all day, reading when no one was ordering. It had been a bit of a slow day, not very many people coming in, so when I heard the door open and a few people walking in, I was surprised. One person in particular stood out to me. A boy, he looked about my age, maybe a year or two older. Instead of coming to order right away, he went and sat down on one of the sofas. He had this beautiful tan skin, I couldn't spot a single flaw in it. And his hair, it was a golden color, shining in the dim lights. I'd been staring at him for a while when he looked up at me. His big hazel eyes stared me up and down, making me feel self conscious under his gaze. I mean, who wouldn't, he was practically a Greek god. Once his gaze met mine, I quickly turned away, embarrassed that I had been caught. I hope he comes back.

Authors Note :-)
Hello :-) I know like no one is reading this book, but I'm gonna rant ok ok. SOOOO there's this girl that I really like and it's super weird that I like her because she's 5 years older than me (KMS) but she was my freaking camp counselor and she was so hot I cry haha. even her name was hot like wtf. anyways I'm not gonna see her for like a year so that sucks but yeah, I hope someone will read this :-) if people are reading this I love you :--) also I changed the plot, Luke's parents aren't abusive towards him. they just fight eachother a lot. ok have a good day byeeeee ★彡