Chap. One : The Date..

On the day he died, Eric Lean had a date that coudn't be broken, so he went. Dead and all...

Too bad I was his date..

And it turned out dead dating was the only way he could get what he needed...

SUSTANANCE...

Teka Ba't ba ako nag e-english? Kung pwede namang mag tagalog?

Sorry nasanay kasi ako..Kaya kapag nag e-english ako pasencia na..Di ko lang talaga mapigilan..

Ok! Back to my story..

Are you confused yet? Kasi ako nalito din ee..

Maybe i should start at the beginning....But I'm not quite sure when that was?!..

Basta it all started when i decided to become a client of www.truelove.com.

Pretentious?? Siguro..?

But I'd hoped that any man who chose a service by that name might be a little more grown up that most---had at least moved beyond a desire to bang supermodels and begun to think about finding a life...

Bilang Literary Agent, I should have known that senematics were as Dead as most people's belief in SOULMATE..

Ok I'll start...

The date itself started out well enough.. We met at a Martini Bar malapit sa Office ko. A new place, kind of a 'Sex in the City', which should have tipped me off right away. If not to the whole demon issue, then at least to his hopes for the evening. He wasn't after true love.

It hadn't been completely honest, either. In my bio I'd said I was 'in publishing'. I'd learned that the quickest way to a stack of manuscripts from the wannabe was to tell anyone but immediate family what i really did for a living.

Of course some of the people figured it out as soon as they heard my name. My mother had been one of the top agents in the business before she'd gone and died on me.

Was I following in her footsteps, trying to regain some of the happiness I'd enjoyed while she was alive?

Yeah right..

However, that wasn't working out. Mahilig ako mag basa, pero ayokong mag benta. Sadly, my degree in Ancient Civilizations made me fit to do little but teach, and I doubted I'd be very good at that, either. Kids kind of scared me..

At loose ends---in my job and my personal life---Na realize ko na kaylangan ko na palang hanapin si SOULMATE. Na matagal ko nang pinapangarap. Just my Luck, the first candidate didn't even have a SOUL.

Haha Scary??..Sort of.!

I should have caught a clue to Eric's intentions the instant I'd seen his photo on the web. *Q* He was dropdead GORGEOUS---dead being operative word, although ang totoo ay hindi pa naman cia patay at that time..Still, what on earth would a man like him, na mag kakagusto sa babaeng katulad ko?

One thing and one thing only. What's horrible saying about all women being same in the dark?

I'm not a hag, but I'm a short and just a little dumpy, with long brown hair and the dark eyes and with a brown complexion of either my father's American Ancestors or my mother's Spanish ones. Take your pick. And with a name of 'MARA NAOMI ELIZABETH MORELLI'.

Anyways, call me 'Kit'. Everyone does. I was never able to carry off Mara Naomi Elizabeth thingy.