The Date

Anna's POV

I check myself in the mirror one more time and take a deep breath. I grab my purse and put it on my shoulder as I head downstairs where my parents are sitting on the couch. I slowly walk down the stairs.

"So? Whatcha think?" I say to them as they both stand and walk towards me. My mom strokes my hair.

"You look gorgeous honey" she says as her eyes start to water. I pull her in for a hug.

"Thanks mom" I say as I let go.
My dad hugs me next.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks da-"

"If he hurts you I'll kick his butt" he says as he lets go. I laugh.

"Don't worry dad, Andy would never hurt me" I say back as the doorbell rings. Oh boy here we go. I open the door to see Andy wearing a blue shirt with beige shorts, holding a single rose.

He smiles at me and I feel myself blush. "Here this is for you," he hands me the rose and I thank him, "I like your hair."

"Oh right, sorry I liked the blue, but you know school starting again. I just thought I'd change it back to look better with my outfits and stuff" I said awkwardly.

"Yea I totally get the whole outfit matching thing. I'm actually thinking about dying mine back too" he says as he fixes his hair.

"That would be awe-" my dad opens the door a little more so he can see him too I step outside and turn toward my parents next to Andy.

"Hi I'm Andy" he says as he shakes my dad's hand. Oh nice manners.

"You take care of her Andy" my dad says staring at him. Dad!

"Don't worry sir, I will" Andy replies with a nod and a smile towards me.

"Hmm" my dad steps out of the doorway and lets my mom through.

"You kids have fun now!" My mom says with a wave. We start walking to his car.

We get in and he starts the engine. Andy mineo immediately starts playing. He turns it down a little and starts driving away from my house.

"So I guess I should let you know this is my first date...ever" he said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Mine too" I said relieved.

He smiles at me then hands me his phone.

"It's Bluetooth. Pick any song you want."

I look down at his phone and smile.
"Oooh let me see...," he laughs and turns the volume up,"Spotify's the best...ah! Found one!" I clicked play and held his phone in my lap. As the song starts playing Andy squints his eyes trying to figure out the song.

"Well?" I say leaning forward to see his face.

"Ugh I know him! I can't figure it out though!"

"Come on..."

"OH!! NF!"

"Yup."

"I love his music it's so deep."

"Me too."

After a couple of minutes listening to music.

"So can you tell me where we're going?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Well can you tell me if I'm dressed right?" He looks over at me and does a scan. Then looks back on the road.

"Yeah you're good."

"Ok here we are," he says.I look out my window and see a small concrete platform by the lake with a picnic set up.

"Oh my gosh. Is that where we're..."

"Yup" he gives me a big smile and opens his door. He comes around to open mine and holds out his hand. "My lady" I laugh and take his hand.

He walks me to the picnic area and sets down a pillow against one of the pillars for me to lean on. Then he moves his hands in a motion asking me to sit. I sit and he sits down next to me, leaning against the other pillar.

"So turkey or ham sandwich? " he asks as he holds up the two.

"Turkey" I reply as he hands me the sandwich. "It's really pretty here."

He looks around, "yeah it is, you wanna go for a swim?"

"I don't have a bathing suit."

"What you're wearing will work. It won't get ruined and if it does then I'll take you to the mall and buy whatever clothing you want, deal?"

He stands up and holds out his hand to help me up. I look up at him and hesitate. He gives me a smile and shakes his hand. I roll my eyes and take his hand.

"There ya go! Come on!" He runs taking his shoes of in the process and does a cannon ball in the water. I laugh and slip off my sandals and jacket. His head pops up out of the water and I jump in making sure I splash him. I swim to the top and look for Andy, but he's not there.

"Andy!?" Where is he? I feel something touch my leg. I scream and swim away quickly and look back to see what touched me. Andy's head pops out of the water and he's laughing? Oh. Oooh. Got it.

"Ugh. I'm so getting you back for that" I say as I give him a playful splash.

"You a good swimmer?" He asks, moving his hair away from his face.

"I guess?"

"Race?"

"You're on."

"On the count of three, to that rock and back. One... Two... Three!!"