The After Effects

Anna's POV

"I should've known" I shake my head.

"Ah it's you" he says with a smile.

"I don't suppose this is to make up for me kicking your butt in that race?"

"Of course not! I would never! I am shocked that you would accuse me of holding a....a...a grudge against such a marvelous young lady! Why my dearest I could never be nor stay mad at you!" He said all of this in an English accent which made me laugh hysterically. Once I pulled myself together I finally responded in my own English accent.

"Well I am sorry my dear Andy for accusing you of such things, but I am afraid I do not believe you. You have just knocked me upon the ground and quite honestly given me the worst headache of my life. So, again, I apologize my dear Andy, but I do not believe you for those reasons" it was super hard not to laugh, but I managed quite nicely.

Andy on the other hand bursts in to laughter.

He quickly gets back into character and responds with, "why I am deeply sorry madam for offending you in such a rude way. Please let me make it up to you in some way. Oh let me think," he puts his hand on his chin and looks into the distance as if trying to come up with 'some way' he can repay me.

Then he quickly widens his eyes and throws his hand in the air like he was saying 'I just came up with the most brilliant idea!' "Ah! I know! How about I take you to a concert! Yes, yes that idea will do nicely. Oh! But for now I shall carry your books!" He puts out his hands with a smile and I hand him my books.

We walk to my class together and the first couple seconds were great and then Andy just snapped. We barely talked the rest of the walk. What just happened? It was like talking to someone I just met. It was...almost...awkward. Like Andy just read a script and now he's back to shy old Andy. Which is totally fine! Because it's Andy and I like Andy! It's just I miss the Andy and me relationship from five minutes ago.

Liz asked me why I looked upset. I told her it was nothing. I'm not going to tell anyone about it until I make sure it was just Andy being shy and not that something was wrong. That could start some rumors. Although I know Liz wouldn't tell anyone, I didn't want to risk anyone hearing.

I need to talk to Andy.