A little backstory time.

So I'm here because I abuse drugs, mainly. Also because someone out there is paying for my rehab for some reason, and I have a pretty good feeling it might be my father. As soon as he heard l was in the system, bam! I get a call asking if I would like free housing and food.

They knew what they were doing. You don't lure drug addicts in with "hi! Wanna go somewhere where there isn't drugs?" Just mention there is free shit and you'll add that number to your contacts real quick.

Before all this happened, I was living in the remains of Perry's apartment. Not the actaully remains but what was left of it after he died.
Leena left me all alone after that, like she finally figured it out that she really did give a damn about Perry and she couldn't live the same way without him.

Sorry. That situation kinda fucked me up. I couldn't hate that girl even if I wanted to.

Perry and leena were a bunch of high school drop outs who didn't care much about anything. I joined the Not Caring Club one night when they found me passed out in the hallway. They dragged me in so there was no reason for the police to stop by and find their weed stash, and after that they welcomed me with drunken hands. I got a job and helped pay for the rent and booze, and we all became pretty close.

Perry's death really messed us up and for about a month we sat in silence, waiting for the money to run out and the alcohol to be down to its final bottle.
Leena didn't tell me she was going. One day she just wasn't there and I was too tired and too sad to go out and try to bring her back.

She might of been the one thing I had left that I ended up caring about at the end of it all, but I wasn't going on a wild goose chase. When Lenna is gone it means she is gone.

So when I couldn't pay for the apartment on my own anymore, I scribbled a note down to tell Leena she could still find me if she wanted to and hid it in the weed stash.

It took me a long long time to figure out why she left me. Not that we were dating, but she thought the world of me back then. I made her feel special and not so alone. She always called me her beautiful boy and would kiss me so slowly that it would make me want to cry.
Perry loved her though. He just didn't know how to show it. But she knew, and I knew, passed all his goofy crazy stuff, there was a man who would probably do anything for her. The Not Caring Club ended up doing a lot of caring after all.

But Leena was only temporary. She floats around this world like a grocery bag, getting caught on stuff until the wind picks up. Deep down I knew she wouldn't stay close after Perry died. I was hoping she would at least stay with me on that couch until we were forced to go our separate ways, but she had a lot more motivation then I ever did, and not even ms. Parker can change that.

So that was that. In one months time, I lost anything that could ever motivate me. I went where ever the wind would take my stupid soulless skin, and ended up getting help for a problem I wasn't ready to face.

"Uh, Mattie?"

The honey crumbly voice says from across the room. I turn slowly and squint my eyes into Luke's direction.
His hair is on Full Curl Mode once again, piling and falling around his head.

"The alarm is going off."

I sit up and listen for a second. Of course, the alarm is going off, and of course I had no idea that it was.

"Yeah. It is." I mumble, wiping morning off my face.

Luke's night shirt is a long sleeved blue shirt with a pocket on the breast, with yellow happy faced boxer shorts. Apparently they haven't given him the Night Uniform. I lay back down hard.