Chapter Five: мσи∂αу мσяиιиg.

If you thought they were gone,
Chances are you'll not be spared.
For their dastardly father
Lives inside them, Oh please beware.

💀💀💀💀

After two months they returned.
It was the same as when they first came.
Everyone was startled out of their brain.

They marched into school like nothing could get in their way.

And it wasn't like anyone wanted to anyway.

But then people started to panic.
They remembered the girls' odd appearances at the latest events. Obviously no one had any proof they'd done anything, but I think almost everyone has an ongoing suspicion that they probably had something to do with it.

I didn't have anything against them. Rebellious was my type of label, and apparently, they happened to share that. I was really into dark forces and mystery and supernatural events etc. So these girls could quite possibly be future friends. And I would give a damn whether they were cold-blooded, soul-eating demons with fiery eyes. That would be the coolest thing that's ever happened to anyone.

💀💀💀💀

Everyone stood rigid when they walked into the gates. Their cold presence was almost penetrating to your patience and immediately made you feel uncomfortable and uneasy.

Bryan Beachley (the school magazine editor who's always snooping around other people's private businesses) went pale in the face like this was all to familiar.

Everything was silent except for their footsteps. Slowly striding straight through the middle of the playground.
I felt like I should have been doing something about this ambiguous predicament but at the same time I felt helpless. We were all frozen in a story with a predictable ending, yet none of us could do anything to stop it.

And then I noticed my sub-conscious thoughts taking over.

I don't usually think like that. I never do. It was odd.

This situation wasn't even odd. Of course I didn't believe that these strange girls were 'evil spirits that lost their way to hell' or any other rubbish that came out of Nicole Rushcutt's big nosy mouth. They most likely went on holidays. And I also reckoned those insane hospital kids from the crash were just so overridden with fear and trauma, they'd made up these stupid ideas and stories.

At least, I hoped.

The girls were soon out of sight.
No one wanted to think about where they were going so we all just followed our usual Monday morning routine.

Our class had Visual Arts.