∴TWENTY NINE∴

Dan's POV:

The next day Evelyn had been acting very not herself. She was looking quite sad and did the things she usually did when she was upset. She wasn't talking much and when she did it was short answers, she wasn't eating and she hadn't taken her usual naps like she usually needed.

Because of this she was very tired. Her ears were almost always down and she didn't want any cuddles which was what really set me off. My Kitty always wanted cuddles no matter how she felt.

I had asked her what was wrong once and got a small 'nothing' in reply before I let her be for a while, thinking this was just a small thing she was upset about and that she just needed a little space. I eventually got very got concerned and decided to ask her what was wrong.

I walked into our bedroom and saw my Kitty laying on her side on the bed with her tail wrapped around her left arm as her ears were left down on her head. I carefully approached the bed and crouched down in front of her and started to lightly pet her head,

"Kitty, tell Daddy what's wrong so he can help. I don't like my Kitty to be upset..." I whispered gently. Evelyn looked up at me with her big sad green eyes and blinked at me a few times,

"There isn't really a reason. I'll just get sad like this sometimes and I don't know why..." She mumbled back at me, rubbing her eye tiredly with a fist. I smiled softly and have her a small kiss on the forehead, trying to think of ways to cheer up my Kitty.

I pulled away from her forehead and pulled a few faces, making her giggle, making her prominent little dimple in her left cheek that was a doppelgänger to mine appear as she smiled. I chuckled and gave her a small kiss on the lips, followed by a few more,

"Better?" I asked. My Kitty nodded and giggled a little more. I smiled and softly caressed her cheek,

"How about I get you a bottle and we'll take a well needed nap together yeah?" I whispered. Evelyn nodded and stuck her thumb in her mouth as she closed her eyes. I smiled again and stood up, going into the kitchen, preparing her bottle and walking back into the bedroom.

I sat Evelyn up as I sat up against the headboard on the bed and she crawled into my lap laying sideways. I pulled the sheets up over the two of us and slipped the bottle through her lips and let her take her sweet time drinking as she slowly got sleepier and sleepier.

She had these tiny little signs that she'd give that gave away the fact that she was getting tired. She'd grip into my t-shirt or suck on it, suck on my fingers, play with the hem of her or my shirt, mess around with my fingers or the blanket she had laid on herself, things like that.

About 75% way through her bottle Evelyn had fully fallen asleep. I set her bottle on the bedside table and pulled the covers over us a bit more before slowly falling asleep as well.