Chapter 1

When I moved to Hartford it was great. I used to live in Massachusetts but now I'm in the awesome state of Connecticut. Yay. I really miss all my friends back home but the people here are just really accepting and pretty cool to hang with.

That is, until I met Marcus. You see, he was that stereotypical jock thats in every school who seemed interested in nothing but humiliating "nerds" and having sex. He was so handsome though....

So on the way to my first period (English) I decided to sneak a look at him at his locker. Damn, he was sexy. But he's talking to Leila, the head cheerleader of the schools squad. Go, Spartans, go! And just before I looked away we locked eyes and...did he just smile at me?! I think he did. Wow.

English class

This is so cliché. Of course, its the obnoxious jock who sits behind the shy New Girl. Coming up behind me to sit he flicks my hair and then tugs it in the middle of the lesson. I bite my toungue. Actually, maybe I better not...if I do that I'll swing at the guy.

"Will you not?" I said to him.
"Will you not?" was his response.
Me: "I wasn't doing anything"
Him: "You were flirting. We all saw it"

I just turned tomato. Ugh! I hate guys like that. It just aggrevates the hell out of me. Whatever. I turn back around, thinking about the promise I made to my parents.

"Remember Sapphire, you need to keep a really low profile for a little bit. Lay low, okay?" Said my mother.

"Says the woman who always says 'be yourself Saph'. Jeez. Would it kill you to keep by your word?" That was me.

"Your mother is right, after last year-"

"Let's not bring that up dear." As my mother cut my dad off. As usual.

"Sapphire, you okay there?" Said Mrs. Olsen, cutting into my daydream.
"Yes, yes I'm fine. What was the question?"

She said "True or false, scientists believed Shakespeare to be more than one person?"

"Uhm...false?" I'm not very good with this class.

"No, it is true. Does anyone else know why?"

And so the class continued. Going through the day, I realize that Marcus is in every. Single. One. Of. My. Classes. That's fine I guess, he's only 6'4" I could probably take him if I needed to.

I have a good feeling about this school.