When...

On my way home

It's so fucking cold out here. Like really cold. I can't believe I only wore a damn T-shirt. I'm on my way home and its been too long of a day. I text Mak:

Hey you coming to the fair this weekend?

And then I tripped.

I swear to god I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, let alone text.

Mak: Awkward turtles don't go to fairs.

Wow.

I thought you were an awkward potato? I have to go. Talk to you later.

I walk up my steps and open the door. Billy's sitting at the table doing his homework. I look for my mom.

"Mom?!"

"In the kitchen!"

Why is she in the kitchen? I'm supposed to be making dinner tonight.

"Hi sweetie, how was your day?"

"Fine. This new school sucks. When are you going to switch me back?"

"When you get your crap together lady. Now go get that cookie sheet on the counter and foil it."

Sigh. I really just want to go back to my other high school. When I said I wanted change a few months back, I didn't mean this much change. I meant like hair color or something. But this is a whole other story.

"Why are you making cookies?"

"Why not."

"I'm gonna go unpack."

I go down the hall to my room, walking in to see my big fat cat laying on my bed. Well, Felicity's bed. On my bed there's my other cat, the mean one. I sit down in my leather reading chair from my dad, and start to shove stuff in my dresser. My phone buzzed.

I hope we aren't just pushing stuff in our dressers.

Yeah, leave it to dad to make things complicated.

Of course not dad, just looking through some stuff really quick.

I smile as I take all the stuff out of my draw and start folding it.

This is gonna be one hell of a year.