Chapter 3

AVA
"You've grown already" Jordan said like I was a little girl "Jordan it's nice to see you too" I replied "so what was going on the other night when I called?" She asked and I blushed "did you guys have.." "Jordan you're freaking her out. Hi I'm Ray and you are?" The guy with two plaits asked as he took my hand "Ava" I replied and he placed a kiss on my hand. Something was familiar about these guys but I didn't want to be nosey just yet "Ava this is Ray, that's Chres, that's Jacob but we call him Jay and the monkey that just passed is my cousin Craig. Craig! Over here!" Jordan yelled and a guy jogged over to where we were "hey" he said awkwardly as he looked me up and down like he knew me or something. Those names are familiar. "hi, I'm Ava, Ava McCall" I said but the guys looked shocked "McCall? You're a hottie now" Ray said as he hugged me almost immediately "remember us, your friends from third grade before you left for Ohio" Craig said and I didn't hesitate to hug back but I only counted three guys instead of four "I'm right here" Jacob said like he just read my mind. I debated whether or not to hug him but I did anyways "Jay aren't you gonna hug back? Last time we saw her was over eight years ago" Chres said "how do you know she's the real one?" Jacob asked as he let go, quite irritated "have you ever met another Ava Naomi McCall in your life besides her?" Ray raised his voice, a bit angry but Jacob smirked. "What the-" Craig started but I cut him off "I got this." I said as I whispered something in Jacob's ear and his eyes widened which made me giggle "she's the right one" he replied with an attitude before heading upstairs. I wondered why the guys argued all of a sudden "what's up with his attitude? He wasn't like this back then" I asked concerned "he has issues and he once said that he changed because of a girl" Chres replied "who? Is there a way we can bring the girl to him or something?" I asked "he never told us who she was" Ray replied "he never opens up to anyone and he never has fun with us. We all miss the old Jacob" Craig added with a sigh "he also hates it when we call him 'Jacob' or else you die" Ray said "I'll see what I can do about it" I finally said grabbing one of my suitcases "don't try it. We all have and when I tried it last week" Jordan let out a bitter laugh before she continued "if not for the boys I'd be dead" she ended as she helped me with my other suitcase and showed me her, actually our room "looks like someone's been expecting me" I smiled "oh please" she rolled her eyes then started unpacking and sorting out my stuff. "If you don't mind, can you tell me how you got raped?" I asked almost silently. She sighed "look it's okay if you don't want to tell me" I said, not enjoying the fact that she was going to be really  uncomfortable "it's okay, you deserve to know. The boys and I went out for a workshop and halfway through I noticed Jacob walk out. I told you that I had a crush on him. So although Craig warned me not to go after him, I did. I saw him in the orchard and walked towards him. He smiled but I had a feeling it was fake. We spoke for a while then two guys in black came out from no where and hit him. They tied me up and put a blindfold on me before dumping me in a car and driving away. When the blindfold was removed, I found myself naked and a blond guy with brown eyes raped me then left. I felt like my life was over, it was like he poured out his anger on me and it really hurt" she paused. I put myself in her shoes and I shivered at the thought "after he left me crying on the floor Jacob was dragged in with bruises on his face and he was unconscious. I quickly got dressed and used his phone to call Craig who hurried over and took us both to the hospital" she ended "I'm sorry" I said giving her a hug "I'll be down if you need me" she said as she left the room.
JACOB
I waited for Jordan to come out of the room. To be honest, I was really excited that Ava was here and she was the only person I could confide in, well then, I don't know about now. I walked into the room "hey" she greeted as soon as she saw me but I didn't reply. She looked at me irritated a bit "what?" I asked "you're asking me? Jacob what's your problem? Everyone's really pissed off at your attitude and you don't even care" she said, anger written all over her face which made me smirk "nothing" I replied "you're annoying" she said as she walked out of the room with me following behind her "Hey Ava, would you like to go out?" Ray asked. She just arrived and he's already hitting on her "I'd love to but I'm quite tired. I'm sorry but we could hang out in your room or mine, if you don't mind" she smiled "yeah, let's go to my room" Ray replied as they both left the living room "we'll bring your pizza" Jordan yelled "the child just arrived and you're already hitting on her" Craig added heard that!" Ray yelled back. I got irritated for some reason and went to my room. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling as I thought about my past. It's like I've just changed into a complete monster and it all started when Ava left in third grade, I felt like I just lost the most important part of my life. My thoughts were disturbed by a soft knock on my door "hey I thought you might-" Jordan started as she entered "get out" I warned "I brought you pizza" she continued "I said get out!" I raised my voice this time and she dropped the box on the floor before leaving. I took the box and placed it outside my room before going back to my thoughts. A few minutes later someone barged into my room. What the hell is going on? I looked and saw Ava with the pizza box in her hand "could you please leave? I need my privacy" I said through gritted teeth to avoid yelling at her "last time I checked you've had privacy for years and you, my friend, are gonna eat this" she said dropping the pizza on my desk "I'm not eating that"  I said "then I'm not leaving. I guess we're even" she replied as she sat on my chair "let's see about that" I said pulling her off the chair and she hit her head on the wall then fell. I'm in deep shit.

AVA
  I entered Ray's room and was shocked at the neatness and beauty. It was purple with some splashes of neon green. There weren't pictures of female singers or soccer players and that sort of freaked me out then I remembered, he was or maybe is still a neat freak "shocked?" He asked as he got on his laid bed "your room is amazing and it's really beautiful" I said as I lay beside him on his bed "well it's nothing, I made sure I didn't let go so I had something that I knew would make me remember you everyday. That's the reason for the neon green" he explained and I hugged him. He grabbed a remote and pressed a button which sort of opened the ceiling, revealing the stars "its beautiful" I commented then I noticed the change of face, he wasn't smiling "I wish you were here when we needed you the most. Especially when Jay started changing, maybe you could've brought him back to his senses" he sighed then I heard a door bang. We hurried to Jacob's room and Jordan practically ran out. "Ray I need you to back out for now, if I get hurt please don't come in" I begged. He hesitated at first but he gave in "thanks" I said as I picked up the pizza box and barged into his room "what the fuck! Ava get out" Jacob yelled "don't what the fuck me mister, you're eating this and now" I yelled back "can't I have my privacy?" He let out a groan "I think you've had more than enough privacy in your lifetime" I replied  "please leave, I don't want to hurt you" he said not looking at me "you can't, trust me. Now eat this or I'm not leaving" I said as I sat down on his chair "we'll see about that" he murmured as he approached me and pulled me out of the chair and I hit my head on the wall. I turned my 'acting mode' on and I faked a faint "shit" he said as he lifted me off the floor and placed me gently on his bed then I heard the door barge open "what the hell did you do to her?" I knew that was Ray. I kept my eyes shut and stayed still, hoping they won't fight "what are you doing in my room? Leave" Jacob's voice was indescribable "you hurt her on her first day you moron!" "At least that's better than hitting on her on her first day. You think she'd fall in love with you? You're too weak to handle a relationship and she'd get tired of you" "and you think you're gonna be the perfect boyfriend? I see her as my little sister not as a sex toy just like you" I bet they were both furious then I heard punches being thrown in the air "whoa guys stop it. Ray let's get you cleaned up" I heard Chres say then the door closed a while after. I felt another body on the bed which was freaking me out. I felt a hand stroke my hair gently "I'm sorry". Jacob. I got up immediately and sat on the chair "please just eat" I said awkwardly, avoiding his eyes "you know what? There's no point. You hurt me, hurt Ray and I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me" I said as  headed for the door when a hand stopped me "I'll eat it" he said and I shrugged "go ahead, your stomach not mine" I replied, not caring anymore "could you stay?" He begged. I went back to the chair and sat down as he ate "why did you refuse to eat before?" I asked out of the blues "I don't know" he replied "you're strange" I said. Silence. I got up and left for Ray's room. I was in shock when I saw him. His face was battered and bruised badly "Ray I'm so sorry" I said going to his side "it's okay, guys always fight" he chuckled trying to make a joke out of it "not funny at all, you got hurt because of me" "it's okay, really" he said. I got angry and headed for Jacob's room "Ava!" Ray yelled but I didn't care. As soon as I entered I slapped Jacob hard on his cheek "what the?" His gaze moved from me to the door and he smirked "so little Ray reported me to his girlfriend right? So what do you want her to do, beat me up?" He added and I didn't waste much time in giving him another slap on the same cheek. He looked angry and pushed me aside making me fall "I'm warning you, don't hurt her again" Ray warned "do you want me to destroy your already destroyed face?" Jacob said and I raked him to the ground "why you little piece of shit" he muttered as he grabbed me by the legs and threw me over his shoulders "the worst you can do is to slap my butt" I said "trust me I will do worse" I added "put her down Jay, we don't want any trouble" Craig said. I scoffed "are you guys afraid of him or something? He's just a dumbass who has a really huge ego" I commented "you had better shut it sweetie" Jacob said "sweetie? Seriously?" I rolled my eyes then kicked him in his manhood before landing on the floor with a loud thud "let's get out bow" I said running out of the room to mine. After a warm bath I finally slept off.