Chapter 1 ◇ - Lazy Morning

It was 6:30am, meaning I would have to get up to face my probably dreadful first day of grade 11. I hated school, no, I really hated school. Everything about it made me cringe, well besides Sofia. Sofia was my bestest friend who could understand my life and it's struggles. By that, I mean I tell her basically everything in my life, the pros and the cons. She knows that while she's drooling over a boy, I would be rolling my eyes and crossing my arms over my chest over her childish behavior.

My thoughts got interrupted when my phone kept making a beeping sound, indicating I got a message, probably from Sofia.

I turned on my phone to see 5 new messages from her.

"Great," I sighed. I entered my password to read the messages.

5:00am

"OMG I can't believe today is the first day of grade 11! Ugh fml!!"

5:06am

"DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT HOT NEW GUY?!"

5:30am

"RAT FACE WAKE UP THIS IS IMPORTANT!!"

5:45am

"WAKE UP OR ELSE YOU'LL LOOK LIKE SHIT"

6:00am

"ARE YOU DEAD??!!"

I let out a laugh before I replied thinking that my friend was a crazy weirdo.

"Chill, I'll be ready in a sec," I lied because I wasn't even out of bed yet.

"ASHA!!!!!" I heard a voice yell out knowing that it had to be my mum.

"AMMI I'M COMING!" I quickly threw my phone on my square-shaped table beside my bed and hurried into the bathroom. After using the bathroom I literally sprinted down my staircase and found my breakfast cold on the dining table, the same breakfast my family and I ate what felt like everyday. Roti and eggs. Of course it was healthy but it was so unlike other friends that ate huge breakfasts like blueberry waffles, orange jucie, milk, yogurt, crepes and of course an apple on the side.

I quickly finished my breakfast and headed up the stairs to get ready.

I threw on some skinny jeans and a long loose button up shirt that looked like it could be my dad's. I tightly wrapped my scarf around my long hair that was pulled into a bun, making sure not a single hair was coming out. I applied some mascara and foundation and grabbed my phone.

I said bye to my parents totally ignoring my 14 year old sister that was probably still in bed and quickly ran out the door to see a yellow school bus pulling up.

"Ugh this better be a good day," I thought and climbed into the bus.

Thank you for reading! I hoped you all enjoyed this chapter! Drop a comment if you'd like! :) I will update soon!! ♡ BTW Ammi means mom :)