18. The Secret Promise

The last thing Liam heard was his girlfriend whispering to her oldest brother, "Dean... I'm .... sorry."

Liam stood frozen in place watching Dean shout, "just open your eyes, Y/N! Damn it!" as he held her in his arms. He didn't even notice Sam rushing past him with the keys to the impala in his hands. Nor did he hear Scott telling Dean, "I called my mom. She'll be ready with a team of doctors to help her as soon as we get there."

He couldn't believe what was happening. Y/N was dying and all he could think about was her last words to him, "Remember? Whatever it takes to get our white picket fence...."

FLASHBACK - LIAM'S POV

I pulled my lips away from hers, gasping for air. As I hover on top of her, my eyes lock with hers and I'm immediately consumed. I can see how much she loves me. I've never seen anyone, especially a girl, look at me like that and I can't help but think how lucky I am to have someone who loves me as much as I love her.

I look deep into her eyes and whispered, "I love you." It may be plain, simple, and straight to the point, but I meant every word.

"I love you, too."

I leaned down and I press my lips against hers again. I felt her warm hand making it's way towards my neck, deepening the kiss. My hand rests on her hip, pulling her towards me. I immediately pull back the second I sensed her worry.

"I'm sorry," I inhaled a deep breath. "I'm not trying to pressure you into anything. We don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"I know, Liam."

"But...?

"How did you know there was a but?" She half smiled.

"Because you're worried about something." I push her bangs out of her face. "What's wrong? You know you can talk to me, right?"

She sits up against the headboard and I mirror her actions as I sit next to her. She grabs my hand. "How much do you love me?"

My head quickly shot back as I look at her. I tighten my grip on her hand. "Don't take this the wrong way, but are you seriously asking me that right now? Do you have to question my love for you?"

"It's just... I know we're young and we haven't been dating that long," she rambles. "But I want to know how serious you are about us, because Liam I'm so in love with you. So in love with you that I can't imagine myself with anyone else but you. I try to picture my future and all I see is you."

She looks down at our hands, trying to avoid looking at me, but I can't help but smile at her. We've always told each other everything, her family stuff, my werewolf troubles, but she's never been this vulnerable with me. I let go of her hand and cup her cheeks, pulling her face up to look at me.

"Do you wanna know what I see?"

She nodded.

"I see a big house, with a big yard, front and back, and a swimming pool. Probably somewhere in the suburbs because there are kids, who not only take up and possibly destroy the entire big house, but also running around the yard as well. And those kids? They're ours." I see her smile and continue. "I'd like to have three of our own and adopt two, and I want them with you as my wife." I brush my thumb across her cheek, wiping away the small tear that escaped from the corner of her eye. "I know we're young, but I know what we have is real. So trust me when I say, I love you, because all I see is you, too."

She nodded. "You forgot one thing."

"Of course," I remembered exactly what she's talking about. "We have a white picket fence."