1

First day was tough, although not the toughest.

At the time this journal is written, the memory of that day still lingered on. I wandered around not knowing what to expect, which people to talk to and how to behave.

We were arranged in single file as we entered the building. 'Fresh meat' as they called us. According to my quick count there were probably like twelve of us in the line. With hands cuffed, we were forced to walk slowly, trying to stay poker-faced. A guy behind me was almost brought to tears, and the guy behind him, as much as he tried to hide it, was petrified. Clearly the environment was too much, even for them.

What the hell I got myself into? I asked myself, with a little regret about my previous actions which had led me into this place.

Then the chants came - from all the people inside the building. I attempted to ignore them, but picked up some words:

"Mati, kongkek, belasah, pecah."

Locked in their rooms, they tortured us with taunts and terrifying laughs as we passed in front of them and continued walking in line to our very own room, just like them on their first day. Along with the other eleven, I was brought to my 'room'. I assumed most of them were drug dealers, rapists, robbers and other lowlifes.

Out of all of them, I was the only innocent one - at least I thought I was.