First Day Drama : 1

Jules' P.O.V.

Overcrowded corridors, soon to be filled lockers, club sign - up lists and all that jazz ... yes, you guessed it. The first day of school. I guess I was excited to see everybody and to be a senior but I knew this year would bring a whole bunch of challenges that I just wasn't ready to face. Then there was Max, of course.

"Jules!"

Speak of the devil. His calling took me by surprise and caused me to drop all the books I was carrying.

"Max! Do you mind not scaring the life out of me, next time?" I teased.

He shot me that charming smile of his then picked up my books and helped carry them to my new locker.

Max was such a typical high school heart - throb. Dark hair, hazel - green eyes, tanned body and chiseled features. Oh, and how can I forget the killer smile. I guess that's what made everyone fall in love. Everyone but me. Max and I had always been friends - just friends. See, Max has always been a sucker for the stereotypical blond beauties that roamed the school. Believe me, he was far from cocky but I doubt he'd date anyone other than the girls from that 'genre' if I may say so myself.

Our friendship started when I first moved into the neighbourhood. My parents had just gone through a divorce and I was practically forced to move to California with my mom. That's when I met Max. We were both 7 and his family invited my mom and I to dinner. A 'welcome to the neighbourhood' sort of thing. He and I both skipped the dinner and went straight for the playstation and we've been friends ever since. I was definitely a tomboy then, but I'm not super girly now - in between, I guess?

"Here we are." I said as we reached my locker.

"No way!"

"What?" His excitement confused me.

"My locker is right here!" He pointed to the locker exactly to the left of mine.

"Now you can stare at my beautiful face all day long," The sarcasm was evident in my tone, but he obviously chose to ignore it.

"Is that an open invitation?" He smirked, taking a step closer.

This was quite uncomfortable for me so I just shrugged, faced my locker and started sorting my books out.

"Obviously not ..." Max finished and with that he was gone.