Late Night Ice-Cream : 5

Jules' P.O.V.

"I can't believe you made me watch TV for another hour!" I said while getting up from the couch and dragging my red blanket with me.

"I didn't make you, Julsie" He sang.

I turned my head to him, made a 'whatever' face and continued walking up the stairs.

I got into my bed and tucked myself in. The moonlight crept into my window and sat gently on my bed. My eyelids started to melt themselves close. After what felt like a minute but was only twenty, my eyes shot right open to the sound of water pitter-pattering. I made my way to the bathroom door and debated whether to enter or not. Just as I was about to place my hand on the door to knock, the door swished open to reveal non other than Max.

"Geesh Jules I know I'm ho-"

"Don't even finish that sentence." I said coldly.

"What ya looking for? A sneak peak?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"I actually forgot you were here so I came to check who it was." I replied. "And plus I need to brush my teeth."

"You woke up?" He said while brushing his wet hair out of his face.

"You watched me sleep?"

"I came to check on you."

"Physco"

"Sweetheart"

"Idiot" I protested.

"Babe." He responded.

I sighed and passed him. I got my toothbrush and put some Colgate on it. Max stood at the door frame, watching.

"You staring at me, Maxie" I played.

He leaned against the door frame, giggled at the floor and combed his hand through his hair - again.

*mentally died*

"Actually I was, Jules Meier."

"Yeah? Couldn't contain yourself, could ya?" I gestured flipping my hair with my free hand.

"That's my toothbrush, Julsie." He smiled.

Well, this was embarrassing. I stood there staring at his toothbrush. He walked towards it and grabbed it from my hands.

"Thanks," He started brushing his teeth, using most of the mirror. I immediately found my toothbrush and smothered it with toothpaste. I knew what this was. A fight for the mirror.

I shoved him out the way and started brushing my teeth. He did the same. The fight for the mirror was on. He spat his toothpaste into the sink drainer and started walking away.

"I win." He winked.

"Nuh-uh!" I said with a full mouth of toothpaste and water.

xxx

I made my way down to the kitchen. I scanned the fridge and found nothing that I was satisfied with until my eyes landed on the tub of ice - cream. 
Yes.

I grabbed it, a spoon and dashed up the stairs and into my room. I sat comfortably on my bed and looked out the window next to my bed. I opened the tub and started digging my spoon into the vanilla snow. Soon my head started aching.

"Brain freeze?" Max smiled holding a spoon in his hands.

His smile was genuine and sweet.

"Yeah," I smiled back.

He made his way next to me and dug his spoon into the tub. I lay on my stomach and continued eating.

"Jules" Max whispered.

"Mmn?" I said with a mouth full of ice - cream.

"Thank you" He said placing his spoon in the tub.

"For?"

"This," He paused.

"Our friendship." He smiled.

This was a great opportunity to be sarcastic but I just smiled and nodded my head in agreement although the word 'friendship' brought a slight pain in my chest.

He gave me a friendly hug and walked out the room. I crept into bed and went into a blissful sleep.