Chapter 3

She figured that it really would require some kind of... seemingly innocent coincident. Like a community party or something, but she couldn't host it, that would be too obvious.

"Lila, what do you think? If I asked Jaden to host a party for me and then you invite Blake, then I come, but then we leave and I continue on to invite him to my party on Friday and say it's to welcome him to the neighbourhood do you think that would be too much or not enough?" Lisa suggested staring into the ceiling as though an answer was staring right at her.
"think you need to calm down and let things flow. I mean c'mon he's my friend and I don't want to be in the middle of it when you two start your petty relationship crap." Lila replied sitting down beside her.

Maybe Lila is right- she thought -I should just let things flow, flow right into my arms.

"Lisa? Lisa, what are you staring at?" Lila asked questioning the fact that Lisa hadn't blinked in almost a minute.
"I'm just gonna relax for the rest of the day."

With that, Lisa went up to the attic where she did most of her deep thinking, which is hardly ever. She sat on her treasure chest that she had received for her 9th birthday. The room was dark, but it was peaceful, which made it the perfect place for her to smoke. The room smelled heavily of marijuana and tobacco. She had promised her parents she'd stop smoking but both of them are yet to see that come true. Of course, after a few puffs, the perfect plan came to her. She'll take Lila's advice and just let it flow. After all, she is fabulous.

Lisa flicked her cigarette into a little ash-tray that was on top of an old dresser. She lit another and continued smoking casually.

It wasn't long before her stepmother, Stacy, smelled the tobacco coming from the attic.

"Henry! She's at it again!" Stacy yelled from right under the attic stairs.
"What are you talking about? There are at least 5 'she's' in this house." Lisa's father explained walking up the stairs with some paperwork.

Before he could inquire about Stacy's statement again, he smelled exactly what she was talking about. He became infuriated. Throwing his papers to the side he stormed up the stairs to a high Lisa puffing her shag loud.

"Lisanna Alexia Maria Valentino. If I told you once, I've told you before. There is absolutely no smoking in this house, or any other house, whether public or private," he scolded in a hushed tone, "How do you think it sounds for us to be having this kind of conversation? Imagine if the rest of my company heard about this? I COULD BE FIRED BECAUSE OF YOU!"
"Oh yeah dad, you could be fired, of course. Yah, now I'm beginning to think this is not me, at all, it's all about you." She said slowly taking another puff.

He slapped the cigarette from her had and grabbed her by her collar. Henry never usually gets mad but when Lisa smokes, he becomes so furious. It reminded him of Lisa's mom who 'smoked herself to an early grave'. He didn't want to lose his daughter to the 'same killer'.

At that moment, Lisa was almost blind to her father's rage, but then again, in her eyes, the world was pretty pink and her father looked more like a puffy clown from her childhood days. Henry was at his wit's end. Being the man he was he certainly wasn't going to beat Lisa, but he wasn't going to let her get away with her inappropriate behaviour.

"Stacy dear, please talk some sense into your daughter, I have calls to make." And at that, he stormed out of the room mumbling to himself.

Stacy sat beside Lisa on the small chest. To be honest, Stacy had no intentions of being nice. She flicked the last cigar out of Lisa's hand and grabbed her face. Her nails were sharp enough to pierce Lisa's cheeks.

"I work hard day and night to make sure your father is happy. All you care about is drugs and boys, the next time I find you doing anything that could ruin your father's reputation and I mean anything, you will be kicked out of this house immediately! Do I make myself clear?"

"Take your crusty nails out of my face before I show you just how cheap you dollar store weave is," Lisa said clenching her fist, and with that, Stacy left the room without another word.