Escape

"What makes you think I care?" I growled at him. He threw me towards the cave and I hit the wall and then he was on me using everything he could to hurt me. I gave as many hits as he gave and I didn't back down. Fighting him wasn't very smart because I was young and inexperienced and he was in his prime and very experienced in fighting. He used his tail and knocked me off my feet and grabbed my neck in his jaws and squeezed until there was blood. He was pretty beat up and bleeding in the many spots that I was able to land a blow and I knew that I looked worse. When he let go he put a paw on my head again and whispered in my ear.

    "I guess I will have to do it myself than," All I did was stare at him with my right eye and growled. "Put them back in the caverns." He let me go and I watched him take off with thirty dragons following him.

    When we were back in the caverns they took us to a different smaller cavern that made it hard for us to move around. We were limping and hurting really bad but neither one of us let anyone know just how much. We cleaned ourselves up and helped stop the bleeding on the worse wounds hoping that we could get out of this situation as soon as we could. We spent the next month eating whatever scraps that they would give us and trying to figure out how to get away.

    One night we started to slowly move out of the caverns and made it to the landing without being spotted. We glided down the mountain into the trees and found the lake that we hovered over when we got caught. We found some sleeping deer and shared a big buck and washed it down with lake water and then we cleaned ourselves off. We then flew as fast as we could and as long as we could towards the grand caverns.

    "I think they let us escape," I sighed as we flew.

    "I thought so as well," Scorn replied. "It was too easy to get out of there and we didn't fight anyone either."

    "We will have to talk to your father about it," I grew very tired from the long flight.

   We made it in two mornings, as the sun was rising we could see the rainbow dragons all over a huge clearing three times as big as the one we got our names in. I followed Scorn to a big landing in the middle of the mountain. I saw a sparkling pink dragon racing to us and realized it was Lila followed by some of the other dragons we trained with. I collapsed on the landing and Scorn gently lay next to me putting his head on my shoulders. When Lila and the other drakes reached us we were rested enough to answer some questions.

    "What happened to you," Azure asked nuzzling my nose along with Forest.

    "We were taken captive by the Dark One," Scorn answered. "They tried to get Ember to come here to trade me for whatever he wanted."

    "They didn't like my answer so they all attacked Scorn," I added. "There were more than thirty dragons attacking him all at once. When I told the Dark one that he couldn't and wouldn't kill him because he needed him and after I said I didn't care if they killed him or not he attacked me."

    "What is with all this commotion," A voice that seemed to ride the wind asked from the cave entrance. I looked over to see a bright red male dragon standing there with a small frail looking fuchsia female dragon. "Scorn, is it really you?" The female asked with deep relief in her eyes. "We just got a message from the Dark One that he had you and wouldn't give you up until we gave him the royal title."