Prologue

"Pass the ball!" I called out to Liam who had the ball still in his net. The last thing we needed was another penalty.

  "Kara! Open up!" I look up and run through the crowd of our opposing team. I raised my net and caught the lacrosse ball just before it hit the ground. Then began running to our goal.

   I ran as fast as I could, while dodging people at the same time. I saw the net about fifty feet in front of me and I took the risk. I swing my pole as hard as I could and watched the ball crash into the net.

  "Yes!" I jumped up and laughed. I had made my first goal.
Liam patted my helmet and smiles,   "Good job, K, I knew you had it in you."

  I took off my helmet since it was the short 10 minute break before the final half was played.

  After grabbing a cup of water, I sat on the bench and examined my knee. It wasn't hurting I just wanted to make sure the brace was still in place.

  Jake looked down and asked, "You okay?"

  "Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to make sure my brace was still in place." He nods. I mean. I understand why they care. I'm the only girl on the team. Also the smallest if that had to do with anything.

  Liam called me over, "Hey, K, why don't you sit out this half?"
I looked up at him with surprise, "But-"

   He shakes his head. "These guys there trading in and out are huge. I don't want any of my teammates getting hurt. They'd go after you since they obviously saw the shot you made."

  "Liam, I can do it. Just-"

  He cuts me off again. "If someone gets out on our side you can take there place. That's all I'm going to do. Your not going straight in there, Kara."

   "Ugh." I crossed my arms and sat on the bench full of anger. But I mean. Sure the other guys were really tall and huge but I could take them.

  When the whistle blew, I watched my team attempt to try and make a goal. But with the people as big as they were it was almost impossible.

  Then I heard plastic forcefully hitting plastic and a loud nasty crack. I shot up and ran out to the field. Liam was on the ground barely moving.

   I knelt on the ground next to him, "Bloody hell." I looked all over his body and noticed his right shoulder seemed out of place. "Liam? Liam?"

  He groaned is pain and tried to grab his shoulder. I grabbed his hand and made his lay it back down.

  I gently touched his shoulder and heard him hiss in pain.
"Damn, Kara. That hurts." I roll my eyes and gently moved his fingers, wrist, and elbow. No reaction.

  I smile, "Good news, nothing broken. Just dislocated."

  Liam rolls his eyes, "Then fix it." I nod and have Jake and Mike sit him up. I grabbed Liam's shoulder and took a deep breath.

  "Ready?" He nodded, "One. Two." I pushed his shoulder into place and used my elbow to push his shoulder blade into place.

  Liam stood up and rolled his shoulder then winced. "Thanks, Kara, but I have to say your in."

  Jake looked shocked, "What? She'll get killed out there."

  I cross my arms, "Jake. Hush your bloody mouth. I can take care of myself."

  After that whole situation was worked out and the whistle blew. We were on our way to victory. I had already gotten two more goals, and was working on another.

  I ducked under another very tall oposing play and ran for the goal. But then my feet were knocked out from under me. I still threw the ball and I had hoped I had made it in the goal.
I tried getting up when a cry of pain escaped me. I collapsed and fell back to the ground.
"Kara!" I saw a blonde boy jump over the wall where the bleachers. As he got closer I noticed tattoos covers his body. He knelt down next to me and lifted my head up in his lap.

  "Kayden?" I recognized the grey eyes and smiled. "Your back?"

  "Yeah. I'm back. Now to look at your leg." Kayden pulls out his knife and is about to cut open the padding when Liam stopped him.

  Liam bites his lip, "We need her pants off is were gonna see the damage."

  I nod, I always wore either spandex or gym shorts under the padding so I wouldn't be showing them anyhing.

   Liam grabs my waist band and pulls off the padding. When it got to my left knee I about cried out again. It was throbbing.

  Kayden makes me look at him, "Your not gonna want to see the damage."

  Liam grimaced, "Holy shit.. That's bad." He looks up at my brother and sighs, "You need to get her to the hospital."

  Kayden nods, and picks me up while making the mistake of bending my knee.

  I gasped and that's when the tears began flowing. It hurt so much. I felt like I was dying. I honestly didn't know how I was gonna pull through this.