Chapter 6.

Lilith's POV-

We walk ( well some of us, not including me) through the halls, to the guidance councilor's office. These crutches are really hard to use! I mean people think that they are fun and all for a few minutes, but after a while, you fell like your arms are being burnt and held over a fire by people from thousands of years ago. Imagine a few weeks. It's a good workout though.
We are going to the guidance councilor's office to get my new schedule without P.E. in it. He hands me my schedule. Good, instead of P.E. I have more study hall! Yay. Note the sarcasm.

Instead of standing on one leg, putting my crutches up against the lockers, and probably falling over, I ask Erica to be my book carrier. "372980," I whisper to her, my locker code. She tries it, and it opens. "Thanks," I say. "If it weren't for you, my whole body would feel like it were being roasted over a fire made by Indians," I say some part sarcastically.

Erica and I have the same classes, except for that one extra study hall. So we head to English with the rest of our people, and the day drags on. I get to study hall, and sit down. When this skinny, tall girl with bright strawberry red hair, sits down across from me. "Hi. My name is Kelsey. What's yours?" She asks, and I'm a little startled. "I'm Lilith. And I'm 16. If you are going to ask why I'm on crutches, it's because I slipped and fell down the stairs. Everyone seems to be asking me that today," I try to say nicely. She asks if I need any help studying, and I say sure. We help each other out with homework and such, and exchange numbers. At the end she says, "I hope to talk soon. But we have study hall every day, so that works out well!" She says, as she is leaving. Erica shows up to help me, and at the end we get out an hour early as usual. Well, for us.
As we head home, on the radio I hear something about the NASA rocket. So when I get home, I turn on the TV to check the news. And low and behold it's like a bomb hitting me in the face.
"Astronauts: Katie James, Carissa Fall, Lea Dock, and Margo Cross, are floating around in space with an engine on fire, and no connection to the base. With 3 unconscious people aboard, Carissa Fall is going to have to take the lead on this one. We wish her good luck," I hear the reporter say. "Huh?" I say aloud even though everyone can here me. I am so upset, but I can't show it. I get up to walk, which was a stupid idea considering my circumstances. That night, I have Erica drive us to NASA at Cape Canaveral to get more details on what's happening. They say it's because the main engine got so hot from a wire heating it, it caught fire. They can't send another one up there or it might catch fire too. Besides, my Aunt Carissa can't load 3 unconscious bodies into the other ship, too. And they were unconscious because of the fumes that the fire produces. And there was only one mask, apparently. We just wait around and see what happens, sadly.

We head home after stopping by Johnny Rockets for dinner, and tonight I crawl up the stairs. I want to sleep in my own bed. So the sleeping arrangements have changed now to- Madison and I in the the queen bed in my room, Allia and Erica in my moms bed, and Cole in his bedroom, and Nathan and Leo in Leo's bed.
It takes so long for me to fall asleep, I start crying. But I find a technique that makes you sleepy. If you put your index finger between your eyebrows, right where that nose indent like at the top of the nose, hold your index finger there for 20 seconds. And I then do it 3 more times, and I felt like I was sleeping already. It took me like a minute to go to sleep. I was so tired from all that has happened, I went into a nightmare filled sleep.

"No, please. I don't want to go to school. Please! " I say, begging. They still make me. "No!" I scream.

I scream myself awake, and wonder who's they. I kinda wish I had stayed asleep. I see Madison isn't bothered by my screaming. At all. So, I jump on one foot, over to my bathroom and wash my face. Then I hop back into bed (literally) and go into a non- dream sleep. Thank goodness.

Keep on enjoying. By that I mean, keep reading.
Enjoy the chapter? ;-)