Prologue

19 August 2015 

   Dear Journal,

            I guess today hasn't been the best first day of school but I'm still going through it and so far I'm hating it since it's my first day of my freshman year. Hey, it's not so bad because me and best friend are going to an awesome concert this Friday, she got the tickets which was sweet and I'm gonna owe her for that. I know the best way to thank her, next Monday is the 5 Seconds of Summer concert. So I'll have to get tickets for the both of us since we are big fans but never gone to their concerts since we never had the money but when we had enough money for tickets, something got in our way and so we lost half of it. 

      But I'd have to beg for the bonus which only two people get and i knew that someone got it before me. But i thought well its time to work my butt off and take extra shifts and hope i dont faint from exhaustion. 

~During the graveyard shift~

"So i guess you finally decided to work so late, huh?" Said Chris my manager. "Yea but i honestly need the money to get my friend an awesome gift.." I replied.

"Huh, a gift eh?" He asked and I smirked while nodding.

He left while I stood at the cash register but to past the boredom, I placed a bell by the register and made sure to leave a note. Which the note had said "excuse i had gone to the back for something,plz ring the bell and I'll be there to help you :)." I left to the back to get my guitar and my bass, but i only brought both was to practice since i haven't had enough time between school and work. So I started to tune both instruments. 

'I guess this is as good time as any to start' I said to myself.

As i started to play for five minutes i heard the bell and ran fast, I got there in time. "Hello, how may i help you?" I asked politely. "Yus, i would like a piada bowl" when i looked i heard a familiar voice but i thought i was going crazy or if i fell asleep while i played my guitar. It was Demi Lovato, which i still felt it was a dream, "Um, are you ok?" She quickly asked and snapped into reality. I replied saying that I was ok. I just took the order and made sure to get my gloves then i started to make her order.

"Are these your instruments?" Demi asked with a soft angelic voice.

"Oh those um yeah they are, i usually play when i get the chance which isn't often..." I was cut off by a tour bus stop by the movie theater next door, it wasn't Demi's and i wondered who's it was but i finished the order and she went to sit in a booth. "Can you play if i put on a song from my phone? She asked and i said ok. I was surprised and i grabbed my guitar. She choose something that surprised me.

"Count down these seconds 

Jumping off these fences 

Find another place to start again 

The cracks in the sidewalks 

I'm overall the small talk 

Taking off like fire in the wind

I won't waste another day wishing this would fade away

Running we're not looking back

I want a little bit of California 

With a little bit of London Sky

I wanna take my heart to the end of the world

And fly away tonight

I want a little bit of open ocean 

With a New York state of mind

I want to take my heart to the end of the world

And fly away, Fly away Tonight 

A never ending reply 

With memories i can't erase

I see the best of times in front of me

Now I'm off to paradise 

To a war I'll never fight

Say goodbye to pain and misery

I won't wait another day wishing this would fade away 

Running we're not looking back

I want a little bit of California 

With a little bit of London sky 

I wanna take my heart to the end of world

And fly away tonight 

I want a little bit of open ocean 

With a New York state of mind

I want to take my heart to the end of the world

And fly away, Fly away tonight 

I won't waste another day wishing this would fade away

Counting down the second

Always second guessing 

I'm dreaming of a place to start again 

I want a little bit of California 

With a little bit of London sky

I wanna take my heart to the end world

And fly away

I want a little bit of open ocean 

With a New York state of mind 

I wanna take my heart to end of the world

And fly away, Fly away tonight 

(Fly away tonight)

(Fly away tonight)"

She looked at me in total shock even tho i tried my best but i know i messed up the beat since the song was a total ambush since I've only heard it once before because my pre ordered the new album so what was i suppose to say then she spoke up. 

"Well that was impressive, I didn't think you would know the song.." Demi said while standing up and signed the bass, and left right after. I just threw the trash from the table away.

After all that i had went to put my guitar to the back and just kept playing the bass thinking of Green Day wondering what to play then i saw the signature and to my surprise i saw a record label and her name. So i decided to play some Green Day for awhile. I suddenly got a text well actually more than that. Not the strangest thing that has happened on this shift but i checked it was six text, one being my best friend since she never slept til late and i always picked her up from her house so she wouldn't be late for school.