Chapter 1: Jude

Tomorrow is Callie's adoption day. It is her last day as a Jacob. It is one of my last days with Connor. I still can't believe he is moving to LA. I want him to be happy. But I want him to be with me. I wish Adam would just accept him. Accept us. Connor shouldn't have to leave his life at Anchor Beach behind because his dad does not agree with who he is. But if it makes him happier, I guess I can learn to live with him being away.

"Jude sweetheart! It's time for bed!" I hear Lena say from upstairs.

"Coming!"

I walk upstairs slowly, trying not to think about Connor too much.

"You all ready for sleeping?"

"Yeah. Goodnight mom." I start for my room when she suddenly keeps talking.

"Listen, bubba. I just wanted to say there's nothing to worry about with Connor. I'm sorry he is moving away for his own benefit, but... it will be okay. He will be visiting you as much as he can. And I talked to Adam and he said that Connor is looking forward to a new experience, but he is never going to stop thinking about you when he is in LA. Connor is a good kid. And I'm again really happy you found someone as amazing as him."

I still stood in the doorway of my room, thinking of mom's words. I was surprised she sensed my uneasiness. I usually try to hide my emotions most of the time.

"Thanks mom. I'm really just nervous and excited for Callie's adoption tomorrow. I want her to be a part of this family."

"And she will, sweetie. Nothing will change the fact that we love both of you. And no matter what happens tomorrow, you are both apart of this family. Don't forget that."

"I won't mom."

"Love you sweetie. Now why don't you get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay I love you too mom."

I step inside my room and close the door. The truth is I was more nervous about Connor than I was about Callie. How will I live without him? I Sat on the floor propped against my door and cried for a while. I'm not sure how long it took before I fell asleep.