Cursed and Chosen

~~~~~~~~~~

PROLOGUE

~~~~~~~~~~

A normal day in school. The last class for the day was sports.

"All right, everyone," Our sports teacher, Carlo Fernandez, came in front of us. "Today, we have a new sport to learn: Basketball!"

I dropped my head and sighed. I remembered that I got an injury when I first tried it at the age of 10. From that time, I told myself that I will never play Basketball again.

I had a hard time listening to our teacher because of the reminiscence. But finally, the school bell rang.

The class packed their bags as we are all excited to go home. Before I left the school, I noticed that Sal, the girl that I have a crush onto, forgot to bring her umbrella to protect herself from the rain.

Sal is just the girl that I have really fell in love to. She has a small hair, a height that is almost the same as mine, and she is also a good friend. When we are young, she said that she wanted to be a lawyer, just like her father.

I started the conversation with a shy "Hi".

"Oh, Drake! Good to see you again!" she replied. I haven't been with her in the same class after we've finished 6th grading.

"I can see that you forgot your umbrella. Want to share with mine?"

"Uhm...Sure, why not" I blushed when Sal said that. "Thanks for helping me."

I carried some of her things to help her out.

The storm started to get more violent and we just happened to pass by our school.

"Hey, Drake. We must hurry." Sal was already worried.

"I know." I tried to calm her down.

I thought that Sal and I can go safely to her house, but...

Something appeared. I don't know what is that thing, but it looked like a shadow, and it blocked our way home.

"D-Drake, what...is that thing..." Sal began to freak out.

"I don't know too, but, I can sense that it is powerful." I said.

We didn't know what to do. It seems that we are the only ones who can see it.

More of them appeared in our every side, and they have already cornered us. While we are immobilized, something grabbed Sal, and she began to float. I saw what is beside her-something similar to those things, but, stronger than any of them. The shadow that is holding Sal started to laugh.

"Hello, lady," the shadow said while its hand covered Sal's mouth. "Wouldn't you mind if I...make you my girl?" The shadow laughed.

I was frustrated, but I can't do anything against those beings. The shadows that surrounded me picked up their blades, moved closer to me, and pointed the blades to my neck.

Now I am immobilized, and I don't have any option but to stare at Sal, as the shadow that holds her started to fade out together with her. Those that surrounded me also vanished.

I am left alone, crying. I don't know what will happen next, but I know, that one day, I will be able to see her again.

~