Chapter 10

As I walk down the stone pathway, my hands don't loosen their tight grip.

I had to leave Peter on his own with Leslie. I knew he was safe... for now knowing Tyler knew exactly where he was. But in the back of my head, I knew one day this was all going to explode in front of my face. Leaving me with one hell of a big mess to clean.

Tyler had left shortly after his threats and Leslie never once stopped apologizing. I reminded her that none of this was her fault and it was all going to fall back in place. She seemed to believe me, as I, didn't.

You know Tyler won't let this go. My wolf mummers. I sigh, he's right. Tyler wants nothing more than to take me off the alpha position. He wants to regain power that his old man lost.

"Ryan dear. Where were you? I was worried sick!" My mom runs up to me, her hands quickly checking my entire body for any signs of damage.

"Mom. Mom. I'm okay. I was out nothing happened." I assure her and kiss her gently on her cheek. "I'm off to my room for a bit call me when..."

"Ryan."

My whole posture stiffens as I hear my dad's thick voice bounce off this entire house. I turn around slowly, my head looking down, afraid to meet my father's eyes. When I do he simply motions me into his office.

"Ryan I'm sorry. I had to tell him what I told you before you disappeared. I was worried and had no other option." My mom apologizes for no reason. I know she was only looking out for me.

"Mom it's fine. Nothing happened. Everything is okay."

You just jinxed it. My wolf sneers before retrieving as I make my way to my dad's office.

"Please seat. We need to talk." I obey his command and take a seat in front of his desk. And no matter how many times I squirm and move, the chair never gets comfortable.

"I know you know about that rogue who entered our territory." My dad speaks, his eyes directed at mine maybe waiting for some sort of signal. So I nod. "And I know you know he was asking to speak with you." Once again, I nod. "Now, what I don't know is why."

I gulp, my hands feeling extremely hot. My memory betraying me and flashing back images of me all over Peter just minutes ago.

"I wouldn't know either dad," I say, my voice not sounding as tough as I wanted it to be. My dad only nods, his eyes screaming LIES!

"Alright. Would you know where he is now?" I shake my head rapidly, maybe a little too fast. "You sure?"

"Yes, dad. I'm sure. Can I please go now? I'm sure you as alpha have other things to do than interrogating me." I stand from my chair but my dad's voice stops me from leaving.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Your 18th birthday is nearing. And you still don't have a mate. There's no way I'm letting you get the honor of being an alpha without a Luna." He stands from his big chair and walks up to the doors. He opens them and signals for someone to come in.

"Ryan meet Stile and Casey. They are both well-known wolves of our alliance pack." I stand up, my hands suddenly getting sweaty. What the hell was going on in my dad's head? Why bring girls here? Does he expect me to just make one of them my Luna?

"Hey. Nice to meet you, Ryan." Stile says. She extends her long hand to me and I shake it. Her brown eyes are the perfect contrast to her blonde hair that falls messily upon her back. She's wearing a simple red dress that hugs her torso before loosening with some black sandals. A typical outfit for this kind of weather. Her friend, on the other hand, has some black skinny jeans and a simple yellow blouse with the black words "QUEEN" on it. Her jet black hair is perfectly straight falling down to her butt. She pulls her eyes off the ground to meet mine and I'm taken back. They're the lightest blue eyes I've ever seen, almost white even. I extend my hand towards her but she shyly steps back.