It Was You All Along

Dantalion held William in his arms tightly, looking at the young blond with worried eyes, afraid that Solomon would take over again. His red eyes roamed over the beautiful boy with adoration. William was light in his arms, his body fit perfectly against him.
  The boy's features were relaxed in sleep after everything that had happened, his eyelids hiding the beautiful green orbs from Dantalion's view. Dantalion lowered his head to gently place it on his beloved's forehead, just staring at him.
  It was true that William was very important to Dantalion, for reasons that he would have preferred to keep hidden, but he couldn't keep it hidden much longer.
  He was in love with William, had been ever since he met the beautiful blond with his brash and realist personality. He was nothing like Solomon, and he preferred it that William was himself and not the son of David. The Nephilim wanted the reincarnation of Solomon to be happy for the rest of his days.
  "You will always be William, no one else. You will always be my William," Dantalion murmured quietly to the unconscious beauty. His William, he liked the sound of that.
  Dantalion walked through the crowd of wounded demons. Gilles stared after the two males as the demon male carried the boy.
  Dantalion found a place in the wreckage that wasn't as destroyed as some other places. He knelt down, William still in his arms and continued to stare lovingly at him. No one would ever take William away from him. Never.
  He would have to say that he fell in love with William with just one glance at him during their first meeting, when Dantalion came through the portal to finally meet the Elector. He didn't know what the feelings were at the time until other candidates started appearing, such as Sytry. He was beautiful and feminine, rather kind and somewhat considerate even though he was a noble and of full blood. He especially hated the house steward and how much the blond beauty trusted him even though Kevin (Uriel) was after him in Micheal's place, more so Solomon than anything else.
  The Nephilim eventually realised his feelings for the realist when he lost control of his powers and held William's throat, strangling him until he breathed his last breath. He saw the dying Solomon and that had led him to see Willaim, eyes scrunched in pain and trying to breathe. He had released the prefect so he couldn't hurt him further.
  He had hurt his precious William. Those words were the only things going around in his head as he regained control of himself. He still couldn't get over the fact, even now, that he hurt William.
  He never knew that demons could fall in love, much less with a human, but if possible, even with the same gender. To be honest, Dantalion had always found William's actions unbelievably adorable. He always showed confidence and realist ideas.
  He had once asked if William still thought him to be a matter of imagination. The demon grabbed hold of the beautiful face and wanted nothing more than to kiss the boy senseless. He wanted to protect him, make him smile, anything that would show William that he was real.
  Whenever in danger, Dantalion would be there to protect William with his last breath. He didn't even really want to be elected anymore, he just wanted to be with the green eyed beauty forever. He didn't care about Solomon, Lucifer, he just wanted William.
  "Ngh," a voice broke through Dantalion's thoughts. The demon looked down at the boy who seemed to be waking up. He held the boy closer to his chest.
  "Are you all right, William?" the demon asked gently, trying not to jostle or even hurt the realist in any way. William's eyelids fluttered and finally opened slightly to reveal gorgeous emerald green orbs.
  "Dantalion?" he asked. "What happened?"
  "Solomon took over your body with that ring that you thought was a Twining family heirloom," Dantalion explained to the human lightly. William gently brought his body up a little. The boy placed his arms around Dantalion's neck. "William?"
  The Twining heir didn't say anything, just learned closer to the demon and finally got close enough to his face. His lips were a hair's length away from the Nephilim's own lips. Dantalion looked at William with confusion. "You worry too much," the blond muttered softly. He finally closed the distance between their lips, softly kissing Dantalion with shyness. The red eyed man froze in shock before kissing back, bringing a hand to the back of William's head, deepening the kiss to change it from shy and chaste to passionate and full of love.
  Dantalion pulled away from William in order for the boy to breathe. "Why did you do that?" he asked. William's eyes were closed and lips were still slightly puckered. The green eyed beauty slowly opened his eyes to gaze at Dantalion lovingly.
  "Isn't it obvious?" the blond asked. Dantalion shook his head, gently bumping it against William's as he always did to show affection, but this time it wasn't just affection, it was love, pure love.
  "It has always been you, Dantalion," William murmured, bringing their lips together again in another mind blowing yet chaste kiss. They both pulled away from each other and simply gazed at the other with love. "I choose you." Those three words had a hidden meaning within them.
  "I love you, Dantalion. I'm in love with you." William buried his head in his beloved demon's broad chest.
  "I love you, too, William. No one will ever harm you again as long as I'm around. You will be safe with me. You are my William, will always be my William, my precious, precious William." The demon felt the blond smile against his chest.
  "What about your "finacee", Lamia? Isn't she important to you?" William asked shyly, lifting his head up to show a very red, very adorable blush. Dantalion smiled, bumping his forehead against the human's, nuzzling it.
  "Only you, my love, only you are very important to me. Will you marry me, William?"
  "Yes, I will."
  The two kissed once more as the others began to gather around them.
  They were married almost instantly during what was left of the day. And they lived happily ever after.

  "And that, Jamie, how I met your mother and realized that I loved him as well," Dantalion finished, looking down at his five year old son. The two of them were sitting in a bed, with the little boy under the covers.
  "Really, Papa? You really love Mama that much, huh?" the little boy asked excitedly. Dantalion nodded. The demon smiled at his son gently.
  Jamie, short for James, was a half demon who looked almost exactly like his mother, with the same facial structure and, of course, the same green eyes, except Jamie had tints of red in his green eyes and jet black hair and bangs that hung in his eyes with pointed ears and fangs. With all these characteristics of both his parents, Dantalion loved Jamie even more.
  "Telling him our story, are you, Dantalion?" a male voice asked at the doorway of the boy's room. The father and son looked up to find a human with blond hair and emerald green eyes smiling at them contentedly. The blond was now in his early to mid twenties.
  "Mama!" Jamie exclaimed, reaching out for  William. The blond walked over to the bed, sitting down on the other side of their son, hugging the little half demon tightly. Jamie giggled. "Mama, for a human, you sure are strong."
  "Yes he is, and I wouldn't change him for hell or heaven," Dantalion said, looking towards his feminine husband who he preferred to call his wife. "Time for bed."
  "Ahh, but I'm not tired yet, Papa!" the half demon pouted at his parents. William and Dantalion both smiled gently at the boy.
  "You will be soon enough, we'll see you in the morning, little love," the blond man said to his son. He kissed the child's forehead. He tucked Jamie in his bed. "Good night, little love."
  The two parents blew out the candle in their child's room. Dantalion kissed Dantalion. "I love you very much, love." William smiled.
  "I love you more," the blond responded.