Chapter Fourteen

My dearest brother,

I know that I am the last person you wish to hear from, after all I have done. I understand if you are guarding yourself from me, but know that I wanted you to be the first to know. Redermarke and I married three nights ago under the moon. I wish you could have been there. I did think of you and I do often wonder if it could have been different. I love him, you know. You may not approve of my love for him, but he is a better person than you give him credit for. The nights a wonderful here, too. There is silk for all, of all colours. The nights are thick with the smell of roses and feasts. You would like it.

After the old king of Bardhelm died, he left this kingdom to Redermarke. I am his Queen now. And there will be a king to follow in his footsteps, some day soon. When Faeore has children, she will understand. I am sorry, for what I did—I never stop thinking, wishing that I could change what I did. But I cannot live without him, without them. You of all people can understand that. I know how you feel about Faeore, how her gift impacts you. You act like it doesn't bother you, but it does. I know you well enough to know when you're lying, brother.

All my love and wishes,

Gweyntarr.

Approved by His Majesty, The King, Redermarke of Bardhlem.