Chapter Forty-Two: An Account From The Wind

Darvik rode through the sky with a grace unseen. He looked over his shoulder at his legion of soldiers, all of whom were clad in silver armour, filigrees swirling in the sunlight. He smiled at them, filled with hope.

"Keep your eyes keen on the island!" he commanded them, "Our kin may lie beneath our sight, use your gifts to track them." His steed was fast, its hair long and swaying in our breeze. He looked down: the island was but a mere speck from the cloud haven where he was.

"Down there!" one of the riders yelled out, pulling his attention. The rider pointed downward, towards the island which was now infested with a dark shadow bleeding in from the water.

"Agarath!" Darvik called to one of his best, "What do you see?"

Agarath stirred, "Captain, I see an attack. The island is being overrun by Fleshers."

Darvik turned, "Fleshers?"

He nodded, "It is so, as we feared."

Darvik drew his sword and aimed it downward, "We must go down to them. We must save who we can, before we are too late." Even the thought bothered him, the thought of losing the King's kin. It was too great a loss. He locked eyes on the ground: "Morgash! Adewal nuru! Eya kheen!" Downward! Ride for kin and king! Eyes keen!

And they descended.