Chapter 5: The Plan

I SPENT THE the next 3 days curled up in a ball on my bed. I kept myself alive by eating Nutella and chips, while watching sappy romances on Netflix. I stopped crying on the second day, and just felt bad for myself.

I refused to look at his Twitter or Instagram, but I couldn't ignore his texts. I didn't answer to them, but I did read them. He had asked me out again twice, and he kept asking me if everything was okay and if there was something wrong.

Maddy tried to figure out what was going on with me, and I'm pretty sure she figured out it was something about Cameron. She just didn't know what happened, and it was eating me from the inside out.

She went out with Nash again last night, and I was so jealous it was crazy. If Cameron didn't have to be such a jerk, I could have been that happy with him too.

I decided to tweet him. I was mad, and I was sick and tired of not showing it.

'It's funny how you can be so happy about something, and everything can come crashing down on you the next.'

I typed, but thought it was to sad. I didn't want him to know I was sad. I deleted the words and tried again.

'No girl needs a man who will just play with her heart. Am I right, @.camerondallas ?'

That works, I guess? I pressed tweet, and sighed. I turned back to Dirty Dancing, that was playing for the millionth time.

Why was I so sad? I didn't love him. I barely knew him.

That's when I made my decision. I would get my payback. I would make him jealous. I can do this.

I got up, and DMed Carter.

'I need a favor.'

I wrote, and sent him the message. I sighed and got up. I took a shower and pulled on a white dress with red roses on it. I curled the tips of my hair and applied some light make up.

Then I checked my Instagram, and saw that Carter had replied. 'Sure, what kind of favor?' He asked. I wrote back quickly. 'I need you to be my fake boyfriend. I saw Cameron and some girl making out a few days ago and I like my revenge sweet.' I quickly pressed send and then buckled up my sandals from Tommy Hilfiger.

'What and idiot. Okay. I'm hanging out with Cameron, Nash and Hayes later. Wanna come? I can tell them that we've been hanging out for the past few days and we just made it official.'

He sent me, and I smiled. I'm glad he's okay with it, an he already had the perfect plan. I told him sure and he texted me the address and time. I had 40 minutes to get there, and it took around 20 minutes with traffic.

I scrolled through my Instagram feed, and saw that Cameron had posted a new picture. It was filtered into black & white, and he was looking down with his hoodie covering his face. The caption was a simple 'I'm sorry. Let me explain.' I rolled my eyes.

He was just not used to someone finding out about his little games. I grabbed my bag and keys and headed out. I jumped into my jeep and drove away.

• • •

I arrived pretty quickly, and then I realized I sill had the hickey from Cameron. "Shoot." I muttered, and remembered I had some powder in my purse. I covered it up as best as I could, and then got out of my car and I rang the doorbell. This was Carters house.

Carter answered with a smile on his face. "They're already here. I told them they have to meet someone special, they don't know it's you though. Are you sure you want to do this?"

He asked me, and I nodded. I took a deep breath and slipped my hand into his. We walked into his living room, and Cameron's jaw dropped when he saw me. I smiled brightly, and pecked Carters cheek.

Gosh, this felt so wrong. "You guys probably remember her, but this is Addy. My girlfriend." He put emphasis on the word girlfriend, and he looked down at me with genuine loving eyes.

I looked back at him, and I heard Nash clear his throat. "And uh, when did this happen?" He asked with a puzzled look on his face. "Well, we obviously met after the show, we started DM ing on Instagram, we switched numbers, went on a few dates, and he asked me to be his official girlfriend yesterday." I told them with a grin plastered on my face, and Carter kissed my forehead.

"Yup." He said, popping the p. We sat down on the couch before Nash, Hayes and Carter started talking. Carter placed an arm around my shoulder, and I snuggled into his chest.

I saw Cameron staring at me, and lightly glaring at Carter. "Ad, can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" Cameron suddenly asked, and I frowned. "Why?" I asked him innocently, and he glared. "Fine. Be right back." I said and I pecked Carters cheek.

I stood up from the couch and followed Cameron into the kitchen. "What?" I asked him and leaned against a counter. "Since when are you and Carter a thing?!" He roared, once he had closed the door. "Since when do you care?!" I spat back.

"I've always cared." He spoke softly. I sighed. "Stop lying to me, Cameron. I'm not another idiot that falls for your tricks." I told him, and looked away. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but I blinked yen away.

"What are you taking about, Ad. Please. I don't know what I did." He asked, and lifted my chin up so I was looking at him with his finger. I pushed him away. "Don't touch me!" I exclaimed. "I'm not an idiot! I saw you with that girl, I'm not blind! It's better this way. I like Carter, a lot. And he treats me better than you ever could." I told him, before pushing him away and quickly going back into the living room.

I plopped down next to Carter, and cuddled myself back into him. Cameron walked out of the kitchen a few seconds later, and sat back down as well.

We all talked and laughed, except for Cameron, for about an hour, before we decided to watch a movie. "Why don't you guys get some drinks and snacks? We'll pick out a movie." I suggested, and Nash, Cam, and Hayes left the room to complete their tasks, while they left Carter and I alone.

"How'd it go?" He whispered. "He's definitely mad alright, there was a lot of shouting, but he still has to explain to me what happened before I can even think about forgiving him." I whispered back.

"I have another plan that will make him go ballistic. When we hear them coming back, we'll be making out, okay?" I asked him, and he nodded.

Just in time, too. We heard footsteps, so i quickly straddled Carter and pushed my lips on his. I swung my hands around his neck, and he held my by my waist.

Our lips moved together, and I slipped my tongue into his mouth. Our tongues battled, until we heard Hayes and Nash laughing. We broke apart, pretending to be surprised and embarrassed once we saw the 3 boys in front of us with snacks and drinks. I got off of Carter, and made myself blush.

I was in the school play every year during High school, to explain that. Cameron's jaw clenched, and he set down the bowl of chips he had in his hands, before storming out of the room, and upstairs. I didn't know where to, but I didn't care.

We eventually picked a movie, and watched in silence. When Cam returned, Carter slid his arms around me, and I cuddled back into his chest again.

The movie finished and I went home, but not before kissing Carter in front of Cam. I went home, and sighed. I felt gross, it felt so wrong kissing someone who wasn't Cameron.

But it would all be worth it, as i learned from the text I received from Cameron.