Chapter One - Birthday Baby

Just to let you all know, Dan is not going to be mentioned in the next few chapters, but is mentioned once in here.

Also as you can see in the picture, every chapter I will try to post an outfit she is wearing for that day. Idk I'd thought it be cool if I did something like that.

-Kendes

"Happy birthday, Lauren!"

Taking a deep breath and peeking my eyes open, I saw my roommate and best friend, Maddie with crazy purple pixie cut hair and big blue eyes by my bedside, holding a muffin with a candle on it.

"It's my birthday?" I squeaked, stretching my arms out.

Maddie looked dumb-founded. "Did you forget your own birthday?"

I yawned and reached for my glasses by my bedside. "I guess?"

She shook her head and sat on the bed. "Bad luck, Lauren if you forget your birthday."

Laughing, I sat up in the bed and brushed my long, golden strains of hair away from my face. Maddie gave me her famous smirk and brought the lit muffin towards me. "Happy 21st birthday, sister."

I smiled and blew on the candle.

"Did you make a wish?" asked Maddie, being all perky now.

"No, sorry. I didn't. Should I have?"

She slapped my knee. "Lauren! Your bad luck is rising!"

I gave a cough as she left my bed and walked towards my dresser mirror to check herself out. Maddie was small unlike me, but she had a pretty big butt and nice toned arms. Her black leggings fit so well on her and her red crop-top showed her flat, tiny stomach.

Me on the other hand, was kinda the opposite.

I mean, I wasn't fat or anything. Just not small or petite, but regular.

"Maddie, there's no such thing as bad luck." I rose from my bed and came by her side, fixing my now tangly blonde mess.

"Well, since you didn't make a wish, then I'll get you," she turned towards me, "Another candle."

She started to leave the room, but I begged her not to. And of course, she ignored me.

I sighed and turned towards the mirror again. Tucking in a piece of my hair behind my ear, my hand went up my sweater to lift up my shirt a bit. I guess I had a flat stomach like Maddie, but I was definitely not skinny.

Since I played sports a lot as a kid, I had big thighs and pretty muscular calves. I had taken the genetics is of my father's distinct chin and my mother's almond shape green eyes and full lips.

I was the girl who would never be noticed in a crowd.

"Lauren!" Maddie's yell from downstairs interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Ryan called! He wants to take you out for your birthday!"

Biting my lip, I squealed a bit and did a small spaz.

Ryan Miller was the son of a wealthy realtor in the Big Apple and has been my boyfriend for ten months. He had really been the only man to really notice me and actually fall in love with me. And while he fell in love with me, I did too.

"When does he want to take me out?" I questioned loudly to her.

"Noon. He'll pick you up."

"Didn't even ask me?"

"I don't think there would be no need for asking!"

I laughed and bit the inside of my cheek. My eyes found my phone, sitting on my nightstand, just screaming my name for me to waste an hour on social media. I gave in of course. After a happy birthday from my family from text and co-workers from work, I sat on my bed and went onto Facebook.

Of course, like always, millions of Facebook comments telling me happy birthday me including...Dan Howell? I gasped and grinned from ear to ear.

"What?!" exclaimed Maddie as she entered my room with another candle in my muffin.

My gleaming eyes met hers. "Dan from danisnotonfire told me happy birthday!"

We both squealed to death. Maddie and I had grown up together loving Dan and Phil as long as we could remember. We literally quit everything we were doing right then if a new video came out. Maddie, of course, shipped Phan, but I didn't. Don't judge me please! I ship it as a friendship.

"You need to get ready, girl if you are to go out with your future husband!" Maddie stated as she hopped off my bed.

"Maddie-"

"Now shut up, and let me pick out something for you." I stopped talking and laughed, watching Maddie chose from my closet.

- - -

Ryan's hand snaked into mine as we continued to eat at my favorite Chinese place, celebrating my birthday.

"So, how does it feel to be 21?" he asked with his toothy grin.

I admired Ryan so much. On the outside, he looked like a future president with his spiked up ginger hair, but in the inside, he was secretly a geeky gadget man and a lover of anime.

"Why does everyone ask that question? I mean, what am I suppose to say? Oh, I feel like I can rule the world now!" I over-dramatically expressed.

Ryan simply laughed. "Just asking." His head turned toward me. "But you don't have to answer."

With a little peck on my lips, I felt like the only girl in the world to him and him only.

"But I do have a question to ask you, Lauren." Ryan stood up and fixed his black tie.

I chuckled, looking up at him. "What are you doing?"

He grinned. "Proposing to you, of course!"

I gasped and let out a laugh as he bent down on one knee. My heart began pumping and it was going to come out of my chest if he didn't ask me soon enough.

"Lauren Ava Renyolds, I have always loved you from the day I spoke to you and honestly, my world is so complete now that you're mine. But I want to make that official." Ryan pulled a big diamond ring from his suit pocket. Everyone in the restaurant looked at us, awing and chuckling at Ryan's action.

"Will you be mine forever and marry me?" he finally asked.

I bit my tongue and smiled. Why aren't answering him, Lauren? Say yes!

"Yes! A million times, yes!" I declared and immediately, Ryan took my hand to place the ring on my finger as the restaurant clapped and cheered. I laughed and felt a tear come down as Ryan's arms were around me.

"I love you, Lauren with all my heart," he whispered.

"Same here, Ryan. Same here."

And it was truly the best birthday gift ever.