Chapter Twenty - Secrets and Emotions

"Truth or dare, Joe?" asked Alfie.

We all agreed to play this game, expect for me. I had no interest in this game. Though, maybe a little... All of us sat in a circle, anticipating of what we were to do or say.

"I'll take a dare," Joe proclaimed and Louise laughed.

"Finally taking a dare, eh?" Louise mentioned as she winked at him

"Yes, I'm gonna a chance."

We laughed as we waited what Joe would do. Soon, Alfie said, "I dare for you to eat that entire pan of brownies that Zoe made in one minute."

"Now poor Joe's gonna get a tummy ache," said Phil.

"Just don't puke everywhere when you're finished," added Dan as he took a sip of his drink.

In a minute, Joe grabbed the pan full of brownies and started to munch on them vigorously. Everyone started to laugh as we continued next. After Joe finished all of the brownies surprisingly, his next victim became Phil, who chose truth.

"If you became the king of England, what would be the first thing you do?" asked Joe.

"That sounds like a difficult question," I mentioned.

"Hmm," replied Phil as his eyes looked up towards the ceiling, "Ooo! I would create a program to contact the aliens who live in space."

"Only you would say that," Tyler sighed, but chuckled at the end.

Chuckling, the game continued, which jumped from Tyler, to Louise, to finally Zoe. Her brown eyes searched the room and they landed on me.

"Ember, truth or dare?"

Crap.

Sucking in my lips, my hands suddenly began to sweat. I was afraid that if I chose truth, she may ask if I like Dan. For dare, she may do something that I may regret to Dan or anyone.

I swallowed. "Dare."

Her lips curled a bit evilly as she said, "Make out with Dan for ten seconds in front of all of us."

My eyes widened as Dan escaped a laugh. "Zoe!"

"I knew this was gonna happen," quietly said Dan, which kinda broke my heart.

Everyone laughed and pushed me to do it, chanting "Do it!"

"Zoe, that's unfair! I won't do it!" I proclaimed.

"If you don't do it, I'll tell," she added and gave me a wink.

"Tell what?" asked Phil.

While Dan tried to get himself out of this, which was useless, I stood up. Everyone clapped their hands as Dan's opened mouth watched me come towards him.

"You don't have to do this, Ember," said Dan quietly as I stood in front of him.

The reason I didn't want to this was because I didn't want out first kiss to be this or confess my feelings to him like this. But Zoe was to escape my secret if I didn't do this. It was wrong of her to do this, but I had no choice.

Dan's surprised look suddenly became calm as I straddled his torso. His eyes were panicking as a sweat peeked from his forehead. The closeness was starting to overwhelm me as Dan was still motionless.

"I'm sorry, Dan. I didn't mean..."

He stayed surprisingly quiet. Maybe he was just stunned of what I or we were about to do? Dan's hands finally touched my waist as it brought me back to the memories of when I first fell in love with him.