Chapter 8 Mall Rats

A few minutes after leaving my dad's office we arrived at the mall like we planned and grabbed some pizza in the food court from Sabarro.

"Don't look now but Ivy Palmson just walked in." Daisy muttered softly so only I could hear her.

"I wonder if she knows I got off on her set up of the fire alarm?" I asked back trying to read Daisy's expression.

Daisy sipped her root beer from across the table before saying "they are going to that little dress shop. Probably getting dresses for the dance next month."

"Most likely. Wait? Doesn't your dad's sister own that store?" I asked after glancing towards it.

"Yeah my aunt Lucinda. Why?" She asked confused.

"Well wouldn't it be ironic if after all this time of her picking on everyone else's clothes the girl she picked on the most wore the same dress?" I asked thinking of Ivy's cruelty towards Genie Aben.

"Brilliant! I'm going to text her to make a note of what dress the wavy haired girl buys." Daisy said whipping out her phone.

"I'll text Genie to see if she agrees." I added pulling out my own.

Genie replied a few moments later with "Yeah of course let me know when we can go buy it.

Daisy's Aunt Lucinda sent them a picture of Ivy to make sure she knew which one it was then after they group had made their purchases she sent back a picture of a dark blue silk dress.

"She made note of ever dress purchased by them in case we want to show them all up." Daisy laughed.

I drained my orange Fanta before sending out a mass text to 5 friends asking if they were in then turned to Daisy and asked. "You in?"

"Oh of course" She laughed as we clucked our soda cups together in a cheers sort of fashion before getting up to leave.

When I got home I found my mom tidying up the kitchen.

"Oh hi Alexa your late. Are you hungry?" She asked turning towards me.

"No I'm fine I got pizza with Daisy. I said casually.

"Oh your dad said he needed to speak to you. He is up in his office as usual." She sighed before resuming her cleaning.

I climbed the stairs and walked towards his office. Once I got to his doorway he looked up.

"Oh good just the one I needed to speak to. Andrea told me you were extremely rude to her today." He said coldly.

"Oh as if she didn't treat me like a five year old honestly she is a total skanky bitch. If I was you and someone made comments like that about my family like that I'd fire them in a second!" I roared before slamming the door as I walked out.

"Alexa? You okay?" Audrina called from her room. "I just heard you call someone a skanky bitch."

"Just dad's secretary. Honestly why does he deal with her?" I asked bitterly.

"I think he has a thing for her." Said Audrina after a moment.

"Eww he is so old. And she has a 3 year old." I said disgusted.

"I know it's not very pretty sounding" Audrina said. "I hope I'm wrong for mom's sake."

"Yeah me too" I said heading towards my own room.