IX. Once a Bestfriend, Always a Bestfriend

Hermione's POV

A week passed in a blur. A week that gave us no clue or even a step in finding the true suspect. Not to mention Draco, keeping an eye on us every freaking time.

"Hermione Jean!" shouted the girl in front of me.

"What?"

"Are you listening to me?"

"Uh. sorry?"

"See, Hannah, you'll shout back like it's the end of the world when you didn't even listen to my plans!" she said angrily. I promise, this girl is on her period.

"Tay, you're so exaggerating things." I said silently. "By the way, where's Draco?"

"He's on his office, visiting some kind of auror stuffs."

Before I can reply about what she said, an unfamiliar owl disturbed us. I opened the window and grabbed the letter on its claws. The parchment has five cursive creepy words that frightened me.

Your parents are in danger.

"Hermione, what's in the letter?" Tay asked. I simply gave her the parchment before sitting back in the dining chair.

"What the? This impossible letter is from whom?"

"I don't know." I simply muttered.

"Come on, call them." Tay said. I eagerly got my phone and dialed mom's phone. It kept on ringing and ringing but no one answered.

"Taylor, Taylor, no one is answering." I muttered worriedly. "I need to visit them."

"Mione, you can't. Someone might see you, us.. "

"I don't care. All I want is to know if mom and dad are safe."

Not weighing the circumstances, I got to my feet and grabbed my coat. I was about to apparate when Tay grasped my wrist.

"Wait! 'Mione! If I can't stop you, I'll accompany you."

"Very well," I said. "I can't waste a single second." We apparated straight to our house.

We touched the earth and the environment got clearer. It was the same two storey house I used to live.

"Mione, the door's open, the light's blinking. ." Taylor said in a creepy tone. I ran across our lawn and through our doors. Blinking many times, I looked at our living room in horror. Broken sofa, glasses, ruined dividers, figurines and furniture. The light was blinking that made it a lot frightening. Seeing the whole first floor, it made a haunted house looked like a normal one.

"Mom? Dad? Where are you?" I shouted like no other.

"Mione, look for them upstairs."

"Yeah, I'd better be. Lock the doors and come with me." I said before going upstairs. I checked the guest rooms and the library and study but it was all organized. The last room is the master's bedroom. I opened the door seeing mom and dad, both hands and feet tied in the bed, mouth shut by masking tape.

"Mom! Dad!" I ran to them and removed the tape.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked but they didn't answer my question, they just asked another one.

"Hermione, is that you?"

"Yes mom. I'm sorry if I didn't call or message you, they might trace me."

"We're alright. Is it tru-"

"No mom. I didn't kill Ginny. It's not true. Mom, I ran away to find justice for my best friend." I answered truthfully. I was about to say another thing when a loud noise was heard behind me.