Chapter 1 : Alone

It was quiet and nobody was seen in sight. I was all alone in the middle of the road and I was not sure how I had ended up here. Last time I remember being somewhere was in my room listening to my iPod and my mom yelling at me saying "Lily, come down stairs and help me with dinner!" . Then I heard a big BOOM and I turn around in fright and I see a whole crowd full of zombies. I think "What? Zombies arent real they are a fake creature like vampires or a yeti, how are they here now in the real world?" I was now in shock and had no idea what to do, so I spirited towards a car I saw across the road. I guess the zombies had heard me because they started to run, but they weren't running towards me they were running towards a truck that had crashed. They were now opening the doors and tearing it apart, but nobody was in the truck (stupid zombies). I was kneeling behind the car watching the zombies tear apart a perfectly good truck also trying to think of a plan to get away, be safe, and try to find my family. I wasn't sure where my my family was, but I was hoping that they hadn't turned into brain-dead zombies like the ones across the road.

After about 10 minutes of thinking and waiting for the zombies to leave and hunt in a different location I opened the car door that I was kneeling behind. It was unlocked and the keys were in the ignition, so i sat in the drivers seat ready to drive. I was only 13 and I wasn't sure how to drive yet, but I had drove little with my dad in his car. I would say I'm an okay driver but I think I need a little more experience. I was about to start the car ready and nervous to drive. Then I heard a breathing like sound I was to terrifed to turn around and see what was in the backseat. I hopped out of the car scared to turn around, but before I got out I saw a shiny thing on the floor near the pedals. I grabbed the shining object ,it was a baseball bat. It was a perfect wepon to use against the zombies so i grabbed it and flung out of the car. Then I looked in the backseat and I saw a reddish muscle look on the persons face then it turned around and I saw it. IT WAS A ZOMBIE! I had no idea what to do I couldnt just hit it with the bat I had found, but I did and with one powerful hit it fell straight to the ground. I didnt want it in the car with me so I opened the door and it fell straight out. Before I got back into the car I checked everywhere in the car making sure that there were no zombies in sight. It was clear, so I started the car on my way to freedom and to find my family.