Chapter 20

Emery

"Emery." Abel said while shaking me lightly.

"What Abel?" I said sounding annoyed.

"You have to take your medicine." He said. I opened my eyes, and sat up on the bed against the headboard. He handed me a cup of water and my meds. I drank some water, popped the pills in my mouth and swallowed. I set the cup back on the nightstand, and layed back down with my back towards him.

"Emery, it's already 12:30. You've been sleeping all day." He said while rubbing my back.

"And?" I said. "It's not like I have anything else to do." I said while mumbling.

"Well we could go out or you could-" I cut him off and sat up quickly.

"You really think that I wanna go out looking like this? Like a beaten up body bag with bruises around my face, neck and with a swolen, blackened eye?" I said angry.

"Emery I-" I cut him off again.

"Just leave me alone Abel. Once I feel better I'll get my shit and I'm leaving. I'll probably leave Toronto." I said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked. I turned toward him, and sat up. I looked into his eyes. He looked upset, and scared yet a little angry.

"I'm talking about that when I'm on my feet either tomorrow or the next day, I'm leaving Toronto. I'm getting out of here. There's no point in being here. I'm already in danger." I said.

He stood up. "Emery you're not leaving me!" He yelled. "You're safe here, and you're here for me. You're here to help me, and do you really think I'll let that son of a bitch come back here and hurt you? Over my dead body." He said with his voice raised.

"Abel why do you care?! You don't have feelings for me! I don't give a damn if you said you loved me last night. You said that out of sadness. You didn't mean it. Cause I bet that when I do leave your just gonna be with a new bitch every night. So cut the shit." I said while raising my voice.

"Emery I do fucking care about you! You just won't let me. You won't let me show you how I feel about you. You're so used to these dudes that hurt you, that you don't know when a real one comes around. Just let me motherfucking love you and you're wrong. I'm not going to be with another bitch because I'm going to try for you." He said with his voice raised.

"Abel you don't even know why I'm here. I ran into you for the first time and now we're where we are. We don't know a thing about eachother. You don't love me. Just leave me alone." I said laying back down.

"I'll leave you alone, but you're not leaving. I may not know a lot about you, but I know enough to know that I do love you." He said while walking out of the room and slamming the door.

After he left. I sighed in an upsettingly way. I mean Abel is my neighbor, literally. This isn't fun for me. Anymore at least. I just don't even know what I feel anymore. I'm in the state where I just shut everyone out again. I need to leave Toronto. I know that if I do leave, Abel will be broken.

That I know.

Xo❤