My Time to Shine! ~2~ Twilight

~2~

‘First Time Seeing Them’

I talked to Charlie about myself on the car ride to his house. That I was an ‘orphan’ but I could take care of myself. That what I wished for most was friendship and love, I left out. I asked if anyone was living with him and he said his daughter was coming to live with him, he was so happy about it. I asked if I would be a bother and he said if I was he wouldn’t have agreed to let me stay with him. We left it at that. Charlie’s house from what he told me was three bedroom, that was not so in the book. Did it change for me? I wondered if anything else changed.

We made it to Charlie’s small two story house, in one piece. The red Chevy truck, the thing, as Bella called it, which is there when she arrives, was not. Charlie led me to a room on the east side facing the small, square yard. Across from me would be Bella’s room.

It was used as a storage room, Charlie had told me and he cleaned it out before he came to get me, got a bed and bed stand. I wondered how long I was in the shower; he left as I walked around the room. There was a window seat the best part, Bella doesn’t even have a window seat, maybe in the movie but not in this universe. It had a wooden floor, and maroon walls. It didn’t have much else. I would just use the internet from my phone to get what I need and have it delivered. I hope my credit card works here, thought if it didn’t why was it here?

I went across the room to Bella’s bedroom peaking inside. It was on the west side of the house and it faced out over the front yard. It had a wooden floor and light blue walls and a window with yellow laced curtains. It had an old pine dresser, a desk with a second hand computer as well as a rocking chair. It seemed Bella was coming soon.

”Charlie, when is Bella coming?” I asked startling Charlie from his game.

“Three weeks.” I grinned at him and he cracked a smile silently forgiving me for scaring him.

“Tomorrow we can go shopping for some curtains; I have to run an errand anyway.” Charlie suggested. I plopped next to him on the cream colored couch and looked at the television.

“Yea sure, but I can get a lot of stuff from the internet you know.” I looked him in the eye still grinning. “And I can pay for it all myself.”

He smiled even wider at me, liking the company while watch the game. I couldn’t follow it if my life depended on it. So I got out my cell and started ordering.

I ordered a dark wood desk and dresser, a dark purple comforter, some neon pink pillows as well as black. I ordered a lot of clothes, mostly from hot topic, some from Areopostle. A bunch of converse shoes, a comfy computer desk chair. I ordered a computer and wireless connection. I ordered some black and purple curtains just in case. I got some skelanimal plushies and a couple of Gir. I got a backpack that was purple and black. All of the stuff would be arriving throughout the week; most of the clothes arrived tomorrow, paid extra for it. I would just get the toiletries from the store instead of curtains.

“What kind of phone is that?” Charlie asked curious as he had never seen one like it.

“A prototype.” I said nonchalantly not looking up from the screen.

“What are you doing?” He looked over my shoulder. I was currently looking for a stereo and some CD’s I could listen to and then I would look for a chair I could put in my room I could sit in to read. That reminded me, next I would by shelves and a bunch of books.

“Looking for stuff to buy.” He nodded satisfied and went back to his game, the commercials were over.

I looked on my phone and saw it was Friday. The time was eight-forty two so I went to the kitchen that adjoined to the family room. It had an old square oak table with three un-matching chairs. The kitchen cabinets were bright yellow. I got some leftover pizza that was on the counter and put the other leftovers in the fridge. I went upstairs to my room saying goodnight to Charlie tired from my long and eventful day. I finished the pizza before I went in my room. I discarded my hoodie on the end of the bed; I plopped down on it got under the covers and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.