Part 13

The next day, Will got the bus in the morning again.

    “Will,” James chirped, “I didn’t expect to see you here! Must be a permanent thing, right?”

    “Yeah, yeah, one second.” Will replied, walking over to Ellie.

    Will stood like a statue, frozen and nervous. “E...Ellie” He stuttered.

    Ellie turned around and looked up at the white looking teen, “Will, are you okay?”

    “Yeah,” Will nodded,

    “Are you sure?” Ellie asked, cocking an eyebrow. “You look like you’re about to throw up,”

   “I’m sorry; I must be coming up with something.” Will bottled out, he felt sick in the stomach; the nerves had over taken him. He walked back over to James.

    “What was that all about, man?” James asked angrily,

    “Yeah, Will?” Chloe added on.

    “Sorry,” Will showed a dimple slightly, making an I don’t know face.

    They arrived at school and separated their ways, first and second period dragged slowly.

     “Is it not even lunch yet?” Chloe moaned at the end of second period,

    “Unfortunately not,” Will shrugged,

     “Hey, there’s Ellie!” Chloe pointed at the pale blonde haired girl walking down the hall.

    “And you care because?” Will asked,

    “Well she’s still my best friend you know, and I know you care” Chloe smiled.

    “So she’s still your best friend yet you haven’t talked to her since we started back after Spring break,” Will cocked an eyebrow, “And why would you think that I care?”

    “Will, I know you still care about her.” Chloe half smiled,

     “God, do I have I love Ellie Wardle written on my head or something? You’re the second person who has said that to me...” Will replied.

    “Because it’s obvious, you two weren’t meant to end the way you did.” Chloe shrugged, “Go ask her to the fair on Friday,”

    “What if she’s already going with someone?” Will asked,

    “She’s not,” Chloe replied, “She wasn’t even planning on going.”

    “How do you know this much about her? God,” Will laughed,

    “Like I said, she’s my best friend. We know everything about each other,” Chloe gave a reassuring smile before nudging his shoulder forward. She mouthed ‘go on’ to him.

    “Okay, I can do this!” Will said confidently, walking towards where Ellie was stood with a friend. “Hey,” He said nervously,

    “Hey, you’re looking brighter” Ellie smiled.

    What a beautiful smile she has... Will thought to himself,

    “Ha-ha, thanks I guess.” Will chuckled,

     “No problem,” Ellie replied.

     “Anyway,” Will felt a slight tickle in his throat, “Would you like to, um...”

    “Um...” Ellie shook her head in a circle, before letting out a big laugh.

    What a beautiful laugh she has... Will thought to himself,

    “Would um, you like to go to the fair with me on Friday?” Will asked nervously,

    “As friends,” Ellie replied.

    “Yes, as friends.” Will smiled,

    “I would love too,” Ellie smiled back.

    Will let out a sigh of relief, “I’ll pick you up at 6, okay?”

    “Can’t wait,” Ellie showed a toothy smile, before being away pulled by Jasmine. “Bye Will.”

    “See you around, Ellie.” Will waved, and let out a big smile. He turned round to Chloe who had a big grin on her face with her arms folded.

    “I told you,” She said confidently,

    “Thank you so much, Chloe,” Will chirped. “We’re only going as friends though.”

    “Anything else you want?” Chloe asked, “Don’t be greedy though.”

    “Not to be popular,” Will laughed.

    “Are you crazy!?” Chloe raised an eyebrow,

    “Maybe, I gained a lot when I became popular, but I also lost a lot. I mean, you lost your best friend,” Will replied.

     “I’m not letting her get away from me!” Chloe smiled,

    “We can figure this all out at the fair,” Will smiled back.

    “We sure can,” Chloe said before the bell rang for third period.