Jared

He stands there, feet shoulder width apart, back straight and arms hanging. His hands clenched by his sides like he's holding onto something. His face is tilted towards the navy sky, the moonlight casting shadows across his cheeks. And though his eyes remain closed, you see them roaming behind his lids, looking for something.

     His heartbeat increases, the thuds echoing in his ears. His chest and feet are bare. His jeans hang low on his hips and through the holes in them you see his bruised knees. Blood drips out slowly from the wound on his stomach. Beads of sweat mixing with the blood, travel down until they disappear behind the waistband of his jeans.

     His body begins to shiver from the breeze. He takes slow steps across the pavement, wincing when he steps on sharp rocks. His eyes roam around trying to make out shapes in the dark. The only sounds that can be heard are his shallow breaths and the rustle of leaves. He drags himself further, searching for an existence other than his own.

     As he's walking he trips and falls, cracking his head on the rough pavement. Slowing he turns over, the rocks scraping his bruised body. He struggles to keep his eyes open as shadows clouds his vision. But he can only hold on for so long and as he slowly slips into darkness he hears someone call his name in the distance.

"Jared."