Prologue

If you could put all of the memorable times and moments of your entire life into a scrapbook, it would probably be pretty long. 

I mean, most people life until they're 80, 90, or if they're lucky 100. 

So your life begins when you're a baby, and your parents are overly-protective over you, trying to keep you safe at all times. This was the time when your parents too wayyyy too many pictures of you, for you to look at later in life. 

Then you're a little kid, maybe at the age of 4 or 5, learning and growing each day. This is when you finally meet your best friend whom you'll be growing up with for the rest of your life, and your parents take a bunch of pictures of when you guys were naked in the bathtub. Your mom would frame it and keep it in the house, up for everyone to see and laugh. Yeah, I've been there.

Fast forward a lot and your 16, in high school, and craving independence. You don't really feel like listening to your parents anymore, because they're not in control of you are they? Typical teenagers. Yep, we're all the same. So you're planning it all out. What college you want to go to, what you want to study, maybe even what you want to be. You've got your friends by your side, your crush on your mind, and all you want to do is have fun. You've got your entire life ahead of you.

Well, I don't.

You see, I don't have a future ahead of me. 

Because I have leukemia. 

So yes, I'm dying. 

And no, there isn't anything I can do about it.

But what I'm going to do is live the life I've been living. As Adelaide Johnson, best friends to Meg Arrington, and hopelessly in love with her twin brother, Evan.

So maybe my scrapbook won't be as long as your's. Mine will probably be finished before your's is even halfway through.

But even though yours may be longer, mine may be more meaningful.

My name is Adelaide Johnson.

I'm 16 years old.

I have this disease called, Leukemia, a blood disease that kills you more and more each day.

I know I can't stop it, but I can still keep living until it stops me.

This is my story.