Synthetic Life

The deep crimson colored liquid hidden in a vial was mocking her. All he life's efforts to get a synthetic blood that people like her could use to stay alive was finally finished, but the extensive legal proceeding had just begun. How was she supposed to react when her legal advisor told her it would take more than a year to get to the general public. She probably wasn't supposed to trow a fit and destroy his office.

Having a legal advisor, she had learned, was more of a necessary evil more than a helpful force for good.

A loud knock sounded on the door,"Come in," Violet said reluctantly. A young vampire entered the room and set down a stack of reports before she smile shyly and left. No one in this office really understood Violet, she was just the boss who drove the company not a person who influenced their lives directly other than a monthly pay check. She often felt as if she could take a long vacation and nobody would notice, and if they did they would sigh in relief.

Spinning in the giant office chair she was remembering the look of fear the lawyer had had moments before, 'Violet, get a grip already, even though it will take time to get the formula on the market it will be worth it in the end when vampires a able to roam around without humans living in fear, because the vamps live solely off synthetic blood. You made the first movement in the vampire world when you suggest such a thing, and now there are groups who are just waiting for the blood,' she sighed as another thought occurred to her,'I still need to find a catchy name for the product, that will appeal to both vampire and human markets,' her plan to advertise it also as a substitute blood for human transfusions was the reason why it would take so long to get though the legal process.

Humans were so worried about everything, their short lifespans were tragic, but life in the supernatural world still went on when one passed. If Violet was merely trying to market it to the vampire communities then she could possibly start next month after a few more non-essential tests were preformed. How she wished that was a possibility. The problem was that if she started production now the human media would find out somehow when the blood eventually got to human markets, and her answer to the worlds giant problem would be flushed down the drain because of the humans.

The skylight above her office showed the night sky's beauty and brilliance, but she knew that her rest this morning would not be peaceful. Her sleep would be plagued with bad dreams of what could happen while they tried to get the blood out to the public, who would die, who would kill, would her synthetic blood have been able to prevent the deaths? Another troublesome thought occurred to her, who give everything up to stop the blood from surfacing?